the St Anger thread

What are your 3 favourite songs from St Anger?

• Total voters
I've listened to it enough that I have an opinion now :) Shoot Me Again, Frantic, and then...ummm...St Anger, I guess, but I think some of the others are growing on me even more.

D'oh, it seems there's a few tracks that I don't like much at all. :(
Frantic, St Anger, Dirty Window, Shoot Me Again and Invisible Kid are all cool.

Yeah. It's probably one of the songs that suffers the most from production flaws too. sounds really flat in places.

That Blabbermouth review was well written, but for me St.Anger is possibly the worst record they've made, right down there with Load. I didn't even buy Re-Load. But i have given St. Anger a listen. If it wasn't "cool" to be a Metallica fan, this album would be the death of them.

Actually, in my opinion, if it wasn't "cool" amongst metalheads to dislike the newer Metallica, I think this album would be even more popular than it already is. I think alot of people would like it more if they gave it a few listens for what it is, not what Metallica has become.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think the album is great, and has some of the best song writing Metallica have done since MoP. I don't like it because Metallica are 'cool', even if they aren't amongst metalheads. I like it because I think it is good. :)

Blitzkrieg said:
Actually, in my opinion, if it wasn't "cool" amongst metalheads to dislike the newer Metallica, I think this album would be even more popular than it already is.

I'll agree with that. :)

I think it's a great album. They've reinvented themselves. There's nothing trendy about it either. It's a perfect blend of the catchiness of their 90s stuff and the heaviness of their 80s stuff.

I think if more people had the fucking balls they would admit that they liked it and not worry about what other fuckwit trindites thought of them likeing the album...:headbang:

Yep... and that pisses me off no end. I don't mind people not liking something, actually, if they've got valid reasons I reckon it's good cause it can lead to some great discussions.

But when the opinion is "Metallica has sucked for 10 years" what hope is there?