The Stratocaster appreciation thread.

The Socals are more of a superstrat anyway to be honest. Jumbo frets, compound radius fretboard and all that, not exactly "stratty".

The body is still Strat shaped with rounded edges and shallower cutaways than a Jackson/ESP/Ibanez/etc. super-strat, though, and of course it has that infuriating neck heel block :(

Kyle (Bloodjinn on here) uses, and loves the fuck out of, the Charvel SoCal models. He gets pretty sick guitar sounds too, tuned to like Zb or something...

Check your PM's.

Yes, Kyle is a great player as well. I suppose you could call the ESP M-II a "super-strat." I'm starting to love it so I'm keeping it!

Hey your strat looks great. Im just here to say that you look like syahid from the show "lost"

I've got a Strat, but it has a SD humbucker in the bridge. At least I put in a coil split!

strat.jpg

I do love the guitar, and I play it often.

I also have this, which is almost sort of like a strat. Okay, maybe not.

IMG_2105Large.jpg

:headbang:

Yeah, I've got a Frankie replica, but it's not official or anything, it's just something that I did myself.

It's a alder licensed Strat body and a Musikraft neck that I had originally bought for a former Charvel project. Seymour Duncan "Screamin Demon" pickup. The thing plays awesome, and I get on a Van Halen kick pretty often so it gets played a lot!

It's a pretty faithful reproduction, and with a couple of exceptions that I made (just so I could use parts that I had on hand instead of spending any money) I'd say it's actually more faithful than the Fender version.

Here's another couple shots:
IMG_2101Large.jpg

IMG_2112Large.jpg

Thanks Will! What a beauty!

I always wanted one of these, maybe the black/yellow one even more but couldn't decide on one of replica luthiers. The Fender replica is quite obviously out of question b/c of the ludicrous price-tag.

I've heard that the "Mean Street Guitars" are quite good for the buck?!

Would you consider doing something like that again, besides your "usual" Stinnett guitars?

Thanks Will! What a beauty!

I always wanted one of these, maybe the black/yellow one even more but couldn't decide on one of replica luthiers. The Fender replica is quite obviously out of question b/c of the ludicrous price-tag.

I've heard that the "Mean Street Guitars" are quite good for the buck?!

Would you consider doing something like that again, besides your "usual" Stinnett guitars?

Absolutely not! ;)

(pm on the way)

Will love your white strat and of course the frankenstrat, does VH has that coin attached too??.

20Mg, haha well maybe from that angle. but my hair isn´t that curly. :)

Edit. just realized i write "Krankestrat" haha.

The body is still Strat shaped with rounded edges and shallower cutaways than a Jackson/ESP/Ibanez/etc. super-strat, though, and of course it has that infuriating neck heel block :(

That's fair.
Semi super strat then:headbang:
Or at least perhaps hot rodded strat.

Damn, i did proper setup to my strat a few days ago, i polished the frets a little and now is playing beautifully, maybe is the first time i say that im really confortable with a guitar!!, need another one!! haha.