The Sunbird

TEDIUM

May 14, 2008
Mankato, MN
Ok, so I just finished this book over a week ago (having read it solely because it was the source of Opeth's name) and I was wondering if anyone else out there has read it. Or for that matter, if Mike has even read it; it says on the FAQ that he didn't even know what it meant when he first picked it, so I'm not even sure if he's read the book.

not sure but i know mike didnt start opeth, although i read somewhere he did like the book, ive been interested in reading it, is it actually any good (no spoilers please)

The band was founded by David Isberg, Mike joined as a bassist. The decision pissed so many of the guys off, they left and made a band called Crowley. Mike appears on all their demos and albums, but there's not a single "original" member left.

Mike played guitar with Anders (Nordin?) in a band called Eruption, which I think was just the two of them (?) before he joined Opeth too. Anders joined later. Eruption has more to do with Opeth than the "original" Opeth has to do with Opeth, but there you go.

Hey, thanks for clarifying guys. My personal opinion of the book was that it started off like a cheap romance novel, gratuitous sex scenes and such, but it got better, and overall it's an okay historical-fiction novel, the only annoying part was that there's a cliffhanger in the middle that isn't resolved until the very end of the book. Basically, if you want to read it, go for it; it's not one of the greatest books of all time, but then again, some of the "greats" bored the fuck out of me, has anyone here actually read Wuthering Heights?

It was an alright book. A bit flat, I never felt like the characters actually mattered. The second half was far more interesting than the first. I'd rather read Douglas Preston/ Lincoln Child any day.