THE SWORD - Age of Winters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I know Dick Winter Day knows about this Texan doom/trad band -- anyone else? IoftheStorm? Doomcifer?

20860a.jpg

From Aquarius:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Their lyrics and graphic imagery are all seemingly inspired by Norse mythology and the music, rather than being a black metal blur, is suitably heroic as well -- charging, triumphant, and almost wearying in its relentless bombast... which is why the mellow respite at the beginning of speedster "Iron Swan" is welcome, and the hills and valleys of the album's longest, proggiest, most epic tune "Lament For The Aurochs" give it staying power. The Sword sure sound serious, taking the weightiness of stoner/doom metal and putting it to old school, dual guitar, fantasy metal use."

SAMPLE 1: "Freya"
[URL="http://www.aquariusrecords.org/audio/swordlament.m3u"]
SAMPLE 2: "Lament of the Aurochs"

Also, a bunch of good stuff on their MySpace website. Check it out.

OK so I don't yet own the album, I'm judging purely on all these samples and reviews -- SO FAR it all sounds very, very good to me. Sabbath meets Slough Feg sorta thing (especially "Lament of the Aurochs").

NY people -- they're also playing at NorthSix next Friday with EARLY MAN and PRIESTESS. Anyone interested? I'll be in the city anyway so there's a good chance I may go over to check this show out.

Beer and Metal up your ass! :kickass:
[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeah CDuniverse have it for $10 and TER have it for $13, but it works out the same when you include shipping costs ($3 and $0 respectively).

I'll probably get it from TER now that Doomcifer isn't selling his!

There's more stuff on the MySpace webpage. (full songs as opposed to snippets). It's pretty fucken tremendous. :kickass:

I'll order this within the next hour or so, and I'll probably buy from cduniverse to be honest. I don't want to even risk my order coming DHL (whether I decline it or not).

Last time I was at the bank, my balance measured a shocking $3.29.

Safe to say I'm NOT ordering music for a week or two :erk:

I will check those myspace samples though!

JayKeeley said:
There's more stuff on the MySpace webpage. (full songs as opposed to snippets). It's pretty fucken tremendous. :kickass:

I'll order this within the next hour or so, and I'll probably buy from cduniverse to be honest. I don't want to even risk my order coming DHL (whether I decline it or not).

Ali, the orders aren't fulfilled by DHL. It's a shitty service called DHL-At-Home, which means it goes FIRST to DHL, then is transferred to the USPS, then to the consumer.

In other words, more ways & opportunities for something to go wrong, exactly like it has with me. Think of how your chances for an airline losing your luggage increase with each layover; exact same thing.

Nate The Great said:
I ordered this along with the new Daylight Dies, the new Taint, and the new Capricorns from CDUniverse.
Yes, Yes, Haven't heard Taint, and Yes. Money well spent.

Thanks. I enjoyed Burst's latest, although not as much as most seem to. Big Isis fan of course.