THE SWORD - Age of Winters

Btw i am not aware of any superbe media reviews about them..except from Monolith (which is just a random webzine, not a huge magazine or something). Anyway, who cares about media, music matters, and from what i've heard the band's music RULES.

Nate The Great said:
That's what I couldn't figure out. I've never even heard of The Sword until today. Am I that out of it, that everybody in the media is ahead of me?:err:

I guess so nikkuh!

I just may need to give the CD more time but I have som uch other better stuff to listen to at the present moment. The demo is grand though.

I'm judging The Sword based on what I read over at Aqaurius Records. I did see a few random reviews too.

I don't think there seems to be a huge flood of frenzy or anything, not that I'm aware of. The music speaks for itself and if it wasn't for that goddamn TER thread distracting me to high hell I would have bought it already. :loco:

MadeInNewJersey said:
lol, sorry Ali

Why not just buy it in person from the band when you go see them?

Dude, I'm not sure if you're being facetious but I am seriously fucken considering doing this. And if I don't go, I'll buy it online obviously, but right now I'd really like to go. Who knows, I might even pick up a shirt because I like that album artwork.

NorthSix is a cool venue too, I think I can get there on the subway. Lurch should know.

Doomcifer (or anyone) -- any idea what PRIESTESS or EARLY MAN are like?

I'm being 100% serious, lol.

P.S. remember the ruling Bellevue Bar in midtown? well it closed (as I think I told you) but the owner opened up Duff's Brooklyn, pretty much across the street from NorthSix. It's THE metal bar hangout in NYC, period.

If you definitely go to this show, I'll go with you, and we can get SMASHED. :)

JK, not sure. I am sure you can dowload some tracks at Stonerrock.com though. Early Man has gotten quite a buzz in the underground a swell, just nowhere near the buzz of The Sword. Priestess, I have no clue..

MadeInNewJersey said:
I'm being 100% serious, lol.

P.S. remember the ruling Bellevue Bar in midtown? well it closed (as I think I told you) but the owner opened up Duff's Brooklyn, pretty much across the street from NorthSix. It's THE metal bar hangout in NYC, period.

If you definitely go to this show, I'll go with you, and we can get SMASHED. :)

I like the sound of that, but you know, you have to drive and all that jazz.

Wonder if anyone else would be up for it? Lurch, are you reading this thread?

P.S. Surprise surprise, I saw Big Hairy Dave at the Opeth show. :lol: He'll be there this Friday no doubt.

JayKeeley said:
I like the sound of that, but you know, you have to drive and all that jazz.

Wonder if anyone else would be up for it? Lurch, are you reading this thread?

P.S. Surprise surprise, I saw Big Hairy Dave at the Opeth show. :lol: He'll be there this Friday no doubt.

I'll take care of the driving thing, don't worry about me.

What time does the show begin Friday? NorthSix is actually pretty easy to get to.

Kickass warm-weather metal. Not much else I can add, other than the fact that 2006 is already looking purty killer with this, "Synchestra" and new stuff from Agalloch, Current 93, Fiery Furnaces, Hammers of Misfortune and Drudkh to look forward to.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I'll take care of the driving thing, don't worry about me.

What time does the show begin Friday? NorthSix is actually pretty easy to get to.

It says doors 8pm, show 9pm. It's $12 at the door.

The Sword are on first. I'll be in the city anyway so I can meet you anywhere pretty much.