THE SWORD - Age of Winters

Basically, I wanted some alt/indie music. Haven't bought any in years (probably since the late 90's). So I just bought all these blind for the most part (after reading a few "best albums of the year" lists here and there).

I love the QotSA stuff I've heard, and I like the Sigur Ros stuff I've heard except I hear ( ) is the best one.

The rest is all blind or based on samples etc.

Did you ever check out The Arcade Fire, KY?

Speaking of indie rock...

Someone else here needs to hear Animal Collective. Now.

JayKeeley said:
Basically, I wanted some alt/indie music. Haven't bought any in years (probably since the late 90's). So I just bought all these blind for the most part (after reading a few "best albums of the year" lists here and there).

I love the QotSA stuff I've heard, and I like the Sigur Ros stuff I've heard except I hear ( ) is the best one.

The rest is all blind or based on samples etc.

Oh man, I did the same thing like 3x over the past 2 years. You should've come to me dude! I have DOZENS of CDs from bands who were considered the "best" stuff released from 2003-2005.

Doomcifer said:
Arcade Fire - Funeral = :worship:

WOAH, yes I bought this too tonight!! I forgot to include it in the list so here goes:

529901.jpg

Total blind buy that (just never heard a bad word said about it).

MadeInNewJersey said:
Oh man, I did the same thing like 3x over the past 2 years. You should've come to me dude! I have DOZENS of CDs from bands who were considered the "best" stuff released from 2003-2005.

Hey man, you should just start a thread.

JayKeeley said:
WOAH, yes I bought this too tonight!! I forgot to include it in the list so here goes:

529901.jpg

Total blind buy that (just never heard a bad word said about it).

I must now bow. Like this: :worship:

how did I miss this thread?

I just saw the video for Winter's Woves on Headbanger's Ball last night ... yes on HB ... this band fucking rips.
Sabbath meets Trouble :kickass:

Check this page for that song ... and if you scroll down, video is there also
http://www.kemado.com/site/media.php?req=show&artist=8

NY FOLKS .... THEY ARE PLAYING APRIL 9 AT CBGB'S .... OH WAIT THAT'S THE SAME NIGHT MORBID ANGEL IS PLAYING AT BB KINGS ... FUCK!

i am surprised there is not that much drooling over this band ... just pulled this out again ... this is brilliant heavy ass shit ...

last 3 tracks alone are worth the disc ... "march of the lor" even wonders for a few seconds into DM territory ...

this is HOM style beer music ... but more so :loco:

i wish i remember where i saw it, but there was a list of popular college radio songs and The Sword was one of them. college rock meh....