The Sword

Nov 30, 2005
Nebraska
www.facebook.com
I've heard their first single, and its alright, but I was wondering if there was anything about them that sets them apart from the myriad of other stoner doom/Sabbath-ish bands out there. Are they any good, or should I pass?

Been wondering the same. I'm downloading their album but I kept forgetting to check if the download finished :lol:

I've read their are more doom than stoner, but I won't bet my pants on it.

I first heard the Sword before they had a record deal and liiked them very much. I was very excited when they where signed.

I don't listen to a lot of Doom/Stoner bands so I do not know how new or original they are but I like them alot. I dig the mystical lyrics and the overall feel of the album. I think i remember reading somewhere that one of the members (the vocalist perhaps?) wrote the entire album years ago before he even had a band to play the stuff. Thought that was pretty interesting.

Evil? said:
Lol, wyvern I think we posted at the exact same time.

:headbang:

I do love doom but I don't like stoner in general (except maybe Pentagram and when Cathedral drift from heavier doom), on the other hand I accept the line can be blurry like Church Of Misery or Trouble. For another example I didn't like when I checked Witchraft, so if The Sword is around the same lines I doubt it'll fancy me.

They are good, but I found nothing above average about them. They were reviewed so well in so many places I decided I better check them out.

Definately good, but your question was well worded, methinks. No, to my ears, there is nothing that sets them apart from your average stoner/doomy/old-school sounding band.

I haven't told anybody I know, "YOU HAVE TO GET THIS!!!!"