The Tea Party

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Does anyone listen to these guys? I have Tangents on right now, and fuck it's groovy! Great mid-eastern influences, and Martin's vox are superb.

Thoughts? :D

Yeah, great band. I only recently got to hear about them, but I heard a track somewhre and ended up buying all their albums.

They've either had no press in the UK, or I'd just ignored it (easy to do if a band's called The Tea Party!), so I missed the boat with this one really. I understand they're not together anymore?

Lee

Lee, I'm sure they're still together - if not, I'll be somewhat miffed...

They played England last year, I believe... did you get to see them?

They played here? It must have been before I knew about them or else I would have been there.

I know it's even more frustrating in Australia, but the UK misses out on some good shows. A lot of tours just do continental Europe and they don't bother crossing the channel to England.

I can't really blame bands or tour promoters. As I know from touring myself you get twice as much money and much better treatment somewhere like Holland or Germany.

I know for sure they had a support slot for Queensryche in London well over a year ago, but I think they did have a solo London gig last year as someone I know kept on about it cos I always miss their Aussie gigs! (they have a bit of a cult following down here, and their shows always seem to sell out before I hear about them)

Australia's doing better for shows lately - seems as long as you're not an Iron Maiden fan, your fave band will make it here eventually ;) Megadeth next month, and seen KISS, AC/DC and Deep Purple already this year (I love me classic rawk!). So I can't complain too much.

I was at that Queensryche show! We got there just as they were coming on, so I wouldn't have seen The Tea Party anyway.

Damn.. I told you I missed the boat with this band! If i'd have got into 'em sooner I might have made an extra effort to be punctual.

I've seen The Tea Party a couple of times down here in Melbourne. An excellent live band, they sound faultless.

They are currently recording a new album that I think is going to be titled 'Interzone Mantras'.

Cheers

Yeah great band, we have a Canadian music video station that just interviewed Martin, of course it was pretty stupid because it had nothing to do with the music.