The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Soundtrack

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
PANTERA, FEAR FACTORY, STATIC-X Among Artists Featured On 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' Soundtrack - Oct. 3, 2003

PANTERA, FEAR FACTORY, STATIC-X and SOIL are among the artists featured on "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Album", the soundtrack to the upcoming remake of the classic '70s horror flick.

Based loosely on true events that inspired the original "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", the new film centers around a group of friends whose free-spirited roadtrip becomes a terrifying descent into madness when they find themselves isolated in a rural Texas community. The film's ensemble of rising young stars is led by Jessica Biel ("Seventh Heaven"), Eric Balfour (HBO's "Six Feet Under"), Erica Leerhsen ("Anything Else"), Jonathan Tucker ("The Virgin Suicides") and Mike Vogel ("Grind"). R. Lee Ermey ("Willard", "Full Metal Jacket") also stars. The screenplay is by Scott Kosar, with award-winning commercial and music video director Marcus Nispel at the helm. Produced by Michael Bay and Michael Fleiss of Next Entertainment, with Ted Field of Radar Pictures and Bay's Platinum Dunes partners, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, executive producing. Next Entertainment's Jeff Allard is also an executive producer.

The movie is scheduled for a theatrical release on October 17, while the soundtrack is expected on November 4 through Nitrus Records/DRT.

The complete track listing for "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Album" is as follows:

01. PANTERA - Immortally Insane (new remix, prev. unavailable in U.S.)
02. HATEBREED - Below The Bottom
03. SOIL - Pride (new track)
04. STATIC-X - Deliver Me (new track, to be used a future b-side)
05. MUSHROOMHEAD - 43
06. SEETHER - Pig
07. NOTHINGFACE - Down In Flames (previously unavailable)
08. 40 BELOW SUMMER - Self Medicate
09. MOTOGRATER - Suffocate
10. SHADOWS FALL - Destroyer Of Senses
11. MESHUGGAH - Rational Gaze
12. FEAR FACTORY - Archetype (new song)
13. MORBID ANGEL - Enshrined By Grace
14. INDEX CASE - Listen
15. FINGER ELEVEN - Stay In Shadow
16. LAMB OF GOD - Ruin
17. SWORN ENEMY - As Real As It Gets
18. CORETEZ - 5 Months
-----------------------------

Seems Lamb of God is getting all these badd ass movies.
They recently signed to Epic records, but somthing happened where the lady that signed them got fired shortly after they got signed. They have a deal though where they can return to MBR/Prosthetic if they do not put out a record with them. Meshuggah is on this, that should be great, hell of a song too.

Morbid Angel was on Night of The Living Death 3.. i think.. or was that Night of the Living Demons 3...

There is NO way that this is gonna be anywhere near as good as the original. The mediocre production of the original is what makes it, and other great horror movies, a lot better with that creepy feel to it. And I can't imagine Jessica Beil matching the amazing performance of Marilyn Burns. A lot of her screams and cries on the movie were actually real because of the longass, grueling hours.

Hahha nah it's chill niggah. I agree, the original CANNOT be matched, it's a clasSICK that'll forever reign. But hey Pantera, Mehsuggah and Shadows Fall...not bad! Ok so I'd rather have it more extreme but who cares boohooo...

the soundtracks suck. the only one I enjoyed of late was from school of rock but now they make a soundtrack specifically to sell the bands not to make the movie better.

yeah, I can just imagine. Just as leatherface comes out with the chainsaw, they will blast out a korn song. :(

This isn't a complete remake like they did with psycho and I will probably watch this anyways. I will do so so I have the right to complain.

What I do like is that Alien-the director's cut is coming out for Halloween at the theater. :)

koRn are terrible, Meshuggah is weird like this chunk-chunk factory metal and they also have a dumb Northern Swedish accent

That is a horrible soundtrack, but so goes the onward push of metalcore and freak rock into the Hot Topic realm of goth-dom.

As for the film, I refuse to see it. I am sick of Hollywood butchering classic films as they update them for the no-attention span generation. The first is a classic, and, if you can find it, necessary to be seen on the original transfer, where the graininess as griminess of the cheap film stock adds to the claustrophobic atmosphere of pure dread. The looooong silences punctuated by fast, brutal acts of violence are what made it work, as well as the fact that there is minimal blood in the film. Most is left to your imagination. In fact, several psychologists in the 70's used the film in a study. More than 90% of those who viewed it in the study were CONVINCED that the film showed MUCH more violence and gore than it actually did. A driving nu-freak-goth-whatever-metal soundtrack and buckets of over the top gore is going to ruin it.