G3, Tx Chainsaw, and a Haul

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Busy couple of days...
Went to see G3 on Thursday(killer show), went back to the city to see
Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night... Well worth your money. They have put a different spin on the movie. I loved it. Put 1,000 corpes to shame, Mr. Zombie, take note... I also picked up a few discs...
Mushroomhead(faith no more?) Hammerfall-Crimson Thunder & a little mood music for the drive back Six Feet Under-True Carnage...

sixxswine said:
Busy couple of days...
Went to see G3 on Thursday(killer show), went back to the city to see
Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night... Well worth your money. They have put a different spin on the movie. I loved it. Put 1,000 corpes to shame, Mr. Zombie, take note... I also picked up a few discs...
Mushroomhead(faith no more?) Hammerfall-Crimson Thunder & a little mood music for the drive back Six Feet Under-True Carnage...

Excelent How was G3? I'm going to Alice Cooper this Tuesday :) Crimson thunder :) Hearts on Fire is my Favorite song off of that :)

My g/f wants to see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre bad but we went to see Kill Bill vol. 1 instead because I hadn't read anything about TCM yet. If it's better than 1,000 Corpses, I'll have to take her to see it. Thanks for the good word on it!

Psychonaut said:
My g/f wants to see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre bad but we went to see Kill Bill vol. 1 instead because I hadn't read anything about TCM yet. If it's better than 1,000 Corpses, I'll have to take her to see it. Thanks for the good word on it!
I want to check out that Kill Bill movie too...
Was it any good?
Yes, TCM "kills" 1,000 Corpses! Zombie should be ashamed of himself for releasing that movie... TCM isn't really that over the top, it's not all that graphic, it's just eerie from start to finish. Like I said on another post, people actaully left, becuase they were so disturbed by it!

I thought Kill Bill was very good but I'm a fan of Quentin's style. I'll definately go see Vol. 2 and pick it up on DVD as soon as it comes out. His soundtracks are always cool too. I still think either him or his parents did a lot of acid at some point in their lives...

I don't wanna see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can't even believe they remade it. How can you remake a film like that? The entire magic of the original was the awesome unique vibe it had... without that it would be nothing.

The Trooper said:
I don't wanna see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can't even believe they remade it. How can you remake a film like that? The entire magic of the original was the awesome unique vibe it had... without that it would be nothing.
The original didn't age well & to be honest "it" wasn't scary. It was about as relevant as the Exorcist is today... So What. And by the way they remade that one too, but it also was pure cheese. Trust me, this one is great!

Nah I think The Texas Chainsaw Massacre has aged well.. well kinda. To me the reason it works so well is just the atmosphere it captures, nothing to do with whether or not its scary... just the overall atmosphere is killer. I'm a huge fan, its probably my fave film of all time, so it really pissed me off to find out they made a modernized version of it...

Nah I think The Texas Chainsaw Massacre has aged well.. well kinda. To me the reason it works so well is just the atmosphere it captures, nothing to do with whether or not its scary... just the overall atmosphere is killer. I'm a huge fan, its probably my fave film of all time, so it really pissed me off to find out they made a modernized version of it...

The Trooper said:
Trust me there is nothing "modern" about the remake...
It makes the original version look like that blair witch project... Like I said you'll be pleasantly surprised!
I'm soooooo geeked about the flick I'm trying to track down the leather face figure they put out a couple years ago. I will be watching horror flicks with my 9 year old on freakin' Halloween.... That's about the age I got into splatter flicks!

I hadn't seen the original TCM in a loooong time but I watched it again yesterday. What I like about it is that Leatherface doesn't fuck around. There's really no ambience to the killings. He pops out and WHAM! Dude's just a killing machine. Stupid grandpa couldn't even hold a hammer...What's he good for?!

I will probably still see the remake just to compare them.

I have Mushroom Head's "XX" (not their new one) and yes they do sound like Faith No More or anything that Mike Patton might do.

Heh heh. They are more like Faith No More/Tomahawk gone industrial. They are pretty good but I think people won't mock them as much if they didn't have to Slipknot like costumes.

MURAI said:
Heh heh. They are more like Faith No More/Tomahawk gone industrial. They are pretty good but I think people won't mock them as much if they didn't have to Slipknot like costumes.
I agree, they kick the shit out of Slipknot musically & if they'd line up a brawl in Vegas vs. Slipknot. I'd put my money on Mushroomhead any time...

Heh heh. Slipknot always talks shit about bands all the time like Godsmack, GWAR, Limp Bizkit, Mushroomhead and many others.

Slipknot will chuck dead crows infested with maggots at them if they were to fight. Dahaha