Haul and reviews

Yeah but you spoke to him right after Digiorgio screwed him over, no wonder he was pissed and stressing he does most of the work in IE :)

Oh I agree, he doesn't come across as the kind of guy I would want over for dinner, but the man makes some magnificent metal, when he tries.

I listened to Gettysburg last night with the lyrics and Jon's notes, which makes the song even better. I think it was a great idea having explanations for the use of different music and such, it gives more insight into the story that is being told and such. Awesome.

I got the new Dream Theater just last week because everywhere here had sold out and were waiting for more to be imported... and yes I did have to pay the ridiculous import price of $35... and it was from JB! JB... you've fucked me again!

I haven't had the disc out of my CD player... there's a LOT of music which I've only just about all absorbed. I think it's a great album. Not really that much keyboard... well not prominent anyway. All the songs are very guitar riff driven and is definitely their most heavy and most metal album they've done... but still progtastic in its 10+ mins songs :worship: I love it... especially Endless Sacrifice.

I have listened to it again today, and the more I listen the more I like. I didn't give it enough credit at first, because I had put it on straight after Gettysburg, and turned the volume down a bit, so I didn't get into it as much, but cranking it in the car today I really got into it. This is DT at their strongest IMO, more stripped back with huge guitars and bigger riffs, more standard song structures, but still having big proggy interludes and bridges etc. When Petrucci puts some balls into his playing he really rips. As I Am and Endless Sacrifice are the early standouts, awesome tracks, but I am still enjoying the rest heaps as well.

Am I the only one who likes When The Eagles Cries?
The acoustic version anyway..

I don't mind WTEC either, but I don't think it's anything wonderful. I plan to get the single disc version of the new IE when it comes out, and am setting the stage for it by downloading all the extra tracks. Waterloo is sounding pretty good so far.

W

I think Ripper is the entire reason I like When The Eagle Cries. I love his voice, and it's not like I go to hear him singing ballads very often in Priest.
It's the same thing with Diamonds and Rust from '98 Meltdown. I'd listen to it over and over simply to hear Ripper singing.

Like the awesome scream in Atilla! :headbang: Or the "Ace of aceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES" bit in Red Baron :headbang: