Sydo's haul.

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
I had the liberty of rushing Monkey Blood to Melbourne today, so I decided to do a 'little' shopping..
oh - my boss gave me a JB gift voucher for my trouble too. :)

W,A,S,P – Dying For The World
Very good, very dark. Most consistent and imo best W,A,S,P album since The Crimson Idol.
Production sounds great and the new guitarist, Darrel Roberts, is very good.

Dio – Killing The Dragon. It’s the most ‘Dio’ Dio album since The Last In Line and quite impressive too. No new territory broken here, but rocks nevertheless.

Dokken – Long Way Home
I like this album, even if it’s a little disappointing. It’s got the same vibe as Dsfunctional (an album I really love) but seems a little too contemporary. Not enough rocking tracks either, it’s a shame they didn’t follow on from Erase The Slate..

Helloween – Treasure Chest
Triple CD boxed ‘best of’. I don’t own much Helloween so this should be good.

Andrew WK – I Get Wet
It was cheap and it’s catchy (But so is Britney… In both respects :D )

Avantasia
My lil sister wanted it more than me, but that’s cool – ‘cos it rocks.

Motley Crue – Motley Crue.
My personal favourite and the heaviest Crue album. I already had it (bought it 2nd hand earlier in the year), but this is the Cure Records remastered version with 3 bonus tracks.

I also spent time looking for the Painkiller remaster, but it's sold out at JB and Metal Mayhem.. AGAIN! The new Halford album, Crucible, wasn't in stock either. :(
Couldn't find Sammy Hagar Ten14 either.

Also looked at some nice motor-bikes. But that can wait till after exams.

Originally posted by Sydo
Helloween – Treasure Chest
Triple CD boxed ‘best of’. I don’t own much Helloween so this should be good.
That sounds pretty cool, as I don't own any 'Helloween'. How much may I ask? :)

Andrew WK – I Get Wet
It was cheap and it’s catchy
I heard his song 'She Is Beautiful' on Channel V the other night, and I was on the floor laughing! The clip is hilarious! Cool song too. :)

Helloween Treasure Chest is under $30 for the double album, or $45 from Metal-Mayhem for the triple box set.

Dio – Killing The Dragon. It’s the most ‘Dio’ Dio album since The Last In Line...

I lie.. this album is not all classic Dio. It draws huge influences from recent albums such as Magica and Strange Highways. It's really quite varied.
The biggest difference between this album and those are the solo’s. They are blistering and upbeat. This new guitarist has really captured the Dio sound well.

Killing The Dragon, Along Comes A Spider
Both of these tracks are classic Dio, could easily fit into Holy Diver or Last In Line

Scream
This track is a sister track to many from Strange Highways, in particular Hollywood Black and Pain.

Better In The Dark
Classic Dio again.

Rock & Roll
Magica vibe, but with different lyrics.

Push
Classic filler Dio

Guilty
Magica.

Throw Away Children
Strange Highways, in particular the title track.

Before The Fall
Classic Dio

Cold Feet
I don’t know what this is, it not really like anything he’s done before. Sort of the classic feel, but also more like Magica material.

Killing The Dragon the song has quickly made its way into my most favoured Dio tracks :headbang:

Blitz - The Helloweeny Treasure Chest rules!!
:headbang: :headbang:

The third disc is just a best of the b-sides, so it's probably only worth getting the double cd version.

Sounds good! Were you much of a fan before you bought it? Coz I haven't heard much from them, and like the little that I have heard, and thought a best of would be a good place to start.

So you think the 2 disc version is a goer then?? I might pick it up next time I'm down in Melb...

I only owned The Dark Ride and Master Of The Rings. Both are quite good, but all (about 6) the best tracks from Master Of The Rings are on Treasure Chest.

There are heaps of songs from both Keeper Of The 7 Keys albums on Treasure Chest too - and they really rock.
The drummer (who unfortunately killed himself) is unbelievable!! :headbang: