Fuck yeah I've got a haul!

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
This really doesn't happen very often these days, so I'm going to take the opportunity to post my latest haul. I returned from Indonesia a couple of weeks ago, where I bought the following tapes (tapes rock!):

Audioslave – Out of Exile
The Eyes of Alice Cooper
Bon Jovi – Have a Nice Day
Children of Bodom – Are You Dead Yet?
Cradle of Filth – Nymphetamine
Def Leppard – Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection
Deep Purple – 30: Very Best Of
The Best of Extreme: An Accidental Collocation of Atoms?
Fozzy – All That Remains
Joe Satriani – Is There Love In Space?
Judas Priest – Angel of Retribution
Edane (Indonesian) – Time to Rock
Europe – 1982-1992
Europe – Start From the Dark
Helloween – High Live
Machine Head – Hellalive
Motley Crue – Red, White & Crue
Paul the Young Dude: The Best of Paul Gilbert
Queens of the Stone Age – Lullabies to Paralyze
R.E.M. – Around the Sun
Soulfly – Dark Ages
Stratovarius – Elements Pt.2
System of a Down – Mezmerize
Trivium – Ascendancy

Also got these DVDs:
Death – Live in LA
W.A.S.P. – The Sting: Live at the Key Club LA

And today I bought these CDs:
Opeth – Ghost Reveries
In Time – The Best of R.E.M.

Also got lots of dodgy DVDs over there, which I might post later. Mainly horror movies, but also 3 seasons of South Park and 3 seasons of Oz. :headbang:

I look forward to listening to it! I've only listened to a couple of the albums I've bought so far...

To be honest - impressive range of bands you got! - not impressive selection of albums that I've heard. Apart from Nymphetamine - which is good, but not great. You got the absolute worst Stratovarius there is! One of my favourite bands, but I seriously cannot get into that album.

High Live from Helloween is all right... I'm surprised at how capable Andy is at the Kiske stuff... but it's just not Kiske I'm afraid! And there isn't the classic songs off of The Dark Ride, which is also a bummer. A lot of fun still!

Enjoy them all! I'm sure you will :D

Haven't heard the CoF yet, but I'm looking to doing so. I've liked pretty much all their albums, and I'm sure this will be no exception.

Haha I had no idea what the Stratovarius album was like; if it's shit it'll just sit there looking pretty in my collection. ;) I've only got one other album of theirs - Infinity?

The good thing about buying tapes over there is that I can buy tapes purely for my collection (like I did in the past with Helloween's shitter albums) or just out of chance that I'll like them (like the Trivium one - I've only heard one song of theirs, but thought I'd give it a go) because they only cost $3.20 each.

Here's two I forgot to add to the list above:

Nightwish - Highest Hopes
Steve Vai - Real Illusions: Reflections

Gee whiz.. with all those tapes one would begin to wonder just where you would store them all. :Spin:

Dusk is one of the all time best metal albums - absolutely amazing.

And as for Damnation and a Day - I probably like that more than Nymphetamine :eek:

Nah, that's going too far, I'd call them on par. DaaD has Better to Reign in Hell and Babalon AD going for it!

Nymphetamine is a good album. There are some shit parts (such as that dual harmony riff thing on Nemesis - OUCH TO THE EARS. YAAARGH.), but overall I do like it.