Haul!

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
This week, I are been mostly purchasin'

Blind Guardian: Imaginations From The Other Side- I like this a lot, and can't fathom why it took me so long to give Hansi and co a proper listen. As predicted, it reminds me of 80s Metallica crossed with Dio era Rainbow and some Queen-type vocal harmonies.

Empire: Trading Souls- Good, solid AOR courtesy of Rolf Munkes and his good friends Tony Martin, Don Airey and Neil Murray. Nothing very original, but entertaining all the same.

Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime II- Wasn't sure what to make of this when I first played it, but the second time was the charm. I followed the lyrics in the booklet as I listened and got really caught up in the story. The 'Ryche are well and truly back, as much as they can be without Chris in the band.

Thin Lizzy: Greatest Hits- A beautifully remastered 2 disc set which gives me an excuse to pension off my copy of Dedication. Haven't listened to all of this yet, but I look forward to 2 1/2 hours of air guitar when I do.

W

Am I the only person who does not give a fuck what the Mindcrime story is?
I just wanna hear them rock. :(

Yep, so is K9, and rumours abound they'll be getting their own spinoff series. If it happens, I only hope it's not as cheesy as the 1981 pilot they did :lol:.

Elisabeth Sladen looks particularly good for 58. I suspect surgery...

W