THE THUNDER DOME

Damn, don't these people know I don't have time to watch all these videos :p
There was an interview with Gene yesterday that was split into two hour long parts too.

Reactions: redfly
It wasn't long back Gene was talking about how busy he was just doing drum stuff him and the bands he's involved with. I think he even used the words 'busier than ever', yet as you say he always seems to do long interviews. The guy must be really hard to talk too :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune

So Nash Hall just toured a little bit and only appeared on the every dog has it’s day single?Pretty solid drummer what ever happened to him?

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Seems he's out of the music scene, or at least out of any bands. It was a strange time for the band. Three out of the five musicians on the Every Dog album only have that one album credited to their career and the fourth played in the band Enticer 4 years prior, yet each were solid players.

Andy struggled to keep the band together after Face Of Despair and Every Dog was kind of like Axl's version of GNR once everyone deserted him, (although Andy wasn't as bad as Axl). Part of that struggle was finding new players, I don't know for sure that he decided to find unknown, or lesser known players but it kind of seemed that way. There was some stories at the time that he was hard to work with and he had to go the lesser known path of players desperate to get stage time because others wouldn't play with him. But it was a wildly busy time for thrash in Australia at the time too so most of the known players were already in bands touring or recording and I think at the time Mortal Sin didn't even have a record deal to entice possible players.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Aren't most musos :)
Don't suppose it's much of an excuse but at the time Mortal Sin were breaking through in this country and knocking on the world's door. Whether they deserved it more than any other band in the country is beside the point, like Metallica breaking the world Andy's Mortal Sin worked their arses off and got really lucky. But that time coming up through the ranks and took a toll on everyone, the difference between Andy and the rest of the band was that Andy started the band and it was all his doing. Maybe he thought he had more riding on it doing well, maybe he was a pig, (although I liked the guy), but they certainly aren't the first band to break down due to the stresses of being on top.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune

I reckon if I was giving some sticks and that kit I could have hit some of those drums too. I doubt it would have sounded like Nick's effort but I'd still have hit them.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly