THE THUNDER DOME

Nice is it close now?

As redfly said, no date yet but I also don't think it's dependant on the donations. This was reportedly nearly complete when Jnr's mob took over, he'd been at the helm for several months before setting up donations. I'd like to be wrong but I think the money they are asking for is to ensure the new blood on the project get paid.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Jesus Christ like I’ve said before, I really am surprised that someone with the means within the Metal community hasn’t contributed substantially to this?!!!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
The thing that I don't understand is why the Menza family had this under control, albeit slow, and Jnr's mob comes on board and the first thing they want is money. Jnr's supposedly doing this for his 'good friend', but the first thing he does is ask the fans for money. He ought to know himself from all the things they've sold over the years, and the 'douchie' people that he pointed out yesterday, that people want a product when they put their money down. They don't want to give money and hope that it pays off some time in the future.

I might be alone in this thought but I hate this culture where bands etc are asking for money before producing stuff. I know things cost money to make, but as the old saying goes, 'you build it and the people will come'. I realise we pay for a lot of things up front in this world but most of those things come with a guarantee that you'll get the product, that isn't the case with music.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
The thing that I don't understand is why the Menza family had this under control, albeit slow, and Jnr's mob comes on board and the first thing they want is money. Jnr's supposedly doing this for his 'good friend', but the first thing he does is ask the fans for money. He ought to know himself from all the things they've sold over the years, and the 'douchie' people that he pointed out yesterday, that people want a product when they put their money down. They don't want to give money and hope that it pays off some time in the future.

I might be alone in this thought but I hate this culture where bands etc are asking for money before producing stuff. I know things cost money to make, but as the old saying goes, 'you build it and the people will come'. I realise we pay for a lot of things up front in this world but most of those things come with a guarantee that you'll get the product, that isn't the case with music.
I'd like to be a little less cynical about it. But I can't. :p. I'm hoping in this case it's a quality issue and the family really want's to make sure we get a quality product.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I'd like to be a little less cynical about it. But I can't. :p. I'm hoping in this case it's a quality issue and the family really want's to make sure we get a quality product.

I'd like to think that's possible, but I saw Dwellers :)
The thing that annoys me is that I haven't heard from Jnr about what this money is going to do. It's easy to say they need it to finish the thing, but tell us what it's for and what stage it's at.

D'oh! Hopefully it's not that lame!

We can only hope!
And I know that is a little unfair on Jnr but shit the guy needs to get out of the spotlight for a while. His media experts have probably told him 'get out there', 'be seen', 'do whatever it takes to make people think present not past', but the guy's really suffering from over exposure at the moment. Not that I follow his new band but they must really love the fact that everything is about Jnr and none of the stories are really about them. By his own account Jnr claimed he was only in the band as a side project, now post Megadeth he's the entire story.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
We can only hope!
And I know that is a little unfair on Jnr but shit the guy needs to get out of the spotlight for a while. His media experts have probably told him 'get out there', 'be seen', 'do whatever it takes to make people think present not past', but the guy's really suffering from over exposure at the moment. Not that I follow his new band but they must really love the fact that everything is about Jnr and none of the stories are really about them. By his own account Jnr claimed he was only in the band as a side project, now post Megadeth he's the entire story.
Any press is good press? Seriously though you're right. Maybe turn an interview down once in a while.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Especially given that it's a pretty sure bet the three topics that will come up are Megadeth, the video and the video.
In some way Jnr is getting to be like Zetro, he knows the interviews are a good thing for him but he's also got a dose of verbal diarrhoea that wont cease.