The turks are on the march..

I suppose we ought to let them fuck up the only part of Iraq that's been functioning. Turkey's stuffed to the gills with problems, but they're the best part of the middle east!

Jurched

I suppose we ought to let them fuck up the only part of Iraq that's been functioning. Turkey's stuffed to the gills with problems, but they're the best part of the middle east!

Jurched

Dubai is the best part of the middle east! They donn't allow any muslims to work there, obviously keeping the threat level at a minimum. The funniest part is when you go to buy booze you have to sign off that you are not muslim...yet tons of Saudis and Kuwaitis are there living it up, too funny.

Turkey kinda sucks. Its like you get the sand and desolation of that region of the world and the humidity of a Cambodian jungle.

Dubai is the best part of the middle east! They donn't allow any muslims to work there, obviously keeping the threat level at a minimum. The funniest part is when you go to buy booze you have to sign off that you are not muslim...yet tons of Saudis and Kuwaitis are there living it up, too funny.

Turkey kinda sucks. Its like you get the sand and desolation of that region of the world and the humidity of a Cambodian jungle.

I know, I know. Dubai is the shit, yer right.

But I was talkin about culture: the fact that Turkey is a secular moslem country and don't have a majour problem with it.

Jurched

Moron.. im half Turkish.. Turkey is one of the most fertile lands not only in the middle East but also the Balkans / Eastern Europe .. theres no Jungle humidity.. there are NO deserts in Turkey .. Modern Turkey is most of Ancient Greece - Troy, Angora, Samsun, Trebizonta.. etc etc.. in fact the north of the country looks like switzerland :-

Ferhat Uzan - on the black sea coast of TURKEY :-
ferhatuz3jy0.jpg

Princes Isles - Marmara sea - TURKEY :-

bu1wi7.jpg

Beyoglu District - Istanbul Turkey, November :-

beyogluxo2.png

Bosphorus - Istanbul

07120bosphorusoh9.jpg

Doesnt fit your convenient image of a Muslim country Does it ??

Not only that Turkey is a TRULY secular state.. the headscarf is BANNED in schools, Universities and public workplaces... More than I can say for the USA. Booze is totally LEGAL EVERYWHERE !! we brew our own 50% spirit called Raki... Women are emancipated.. Sabiha Gokcen was the worlds first EVER Female Fighter pilot.. LOOK IT UP.

Fuck Dubai.. who do you think funds Al Qeada ??

Moron.. im half Turkish.. Turkey is one of the most fertile lands not only in the middle East but also the Balkans / Eastern Europe .. theres no Jungle humidity.. there are NO deserts in Turkey .. Modern Turkey is most of Ancient Greece - Troy, Angora, Samsun, Trebizonta.. etc etc.. in fact the north of the country looks like switzerland :-

Ferhat Uzan - on the black sea coast of TURKEY :-
ferhatuz3jy0.jpg

Princes Isles - Marmara sea - TURKEY :-

bu1wi7.jpg

Beyoglu District - Istanbul Turkey, November :-

beyogluxo2.png

Bosphorus - Istanbul

07120bosphorusoh9.jpg

Doesnt fit your convenient image of a Muslim country Does it ??

Not only that Turkey is a TRULY secular state.. the headscarf is BANNED in schools, Universities and public workplaces... More than I can say for the USA. Booze is totally LEGAL EVERYWHERE !! we brew our own 50% spirit called Raki... Women are emancipated.. Sabiha Gokcen was the worlds first EVER Female Fighter pilot.. LOOK IT UP.

Fuck Dubai.. who do you think funds Al Qeada ??

What are your pictures trying to prove? That people in Turkey live in houses and have the technology to make trains and buildings? Because believe me, Turkey isn't alone in the Middle East with this profound, space-age technology.. And is it bad that the US doesn't put a ban on the ability to practice religion publically, because I'm pretty sure that falls into the category of freedom.

What are your pictures trying to prove? That people in Turkey live in houses and have the technology to make trains and buildings? Because believe me, Turkey isn't alone in the Middle East with this profound, space-age technology.. And is it bad that the US doesn't put a ban on the ability to practice religion publically, because I'm pretty sure that falls into the category of freedom.

mate, theres a big difference between Turkey and ANY other backward state from the middle east.. for a start Turks arent arabs.. their civilazation stretches back from central Europe through to the Caucases for thousands of years.. look closely at those pictures.. those houses date back from the 18th and 19th centuries.. classical Ottoman / European architecture.. not some cheap skyscrapers thrown up in the last 20 years by some backward oil rich state.

lastly Religion is very free in Turkey.. but it is not allowed to interfere with the running of the state or the education of the youth.. go look up the meaning of "Secular".. this is the reason the US is being run by evangelical fundamentalists.

mate, theres a big difference between Turkey and ANY other backward state from the middle east.. for a start Turks arent arabs.. their civilazation stretches back from central Europe through to the Caucases for thousands of years.. look closely at those pictures.. those houses date back from the 18th and 19th centuries.. classical Ottoman / European architecture.. not some cheap skyscrapers thrown up in the last 20 years by some backward oil rich state.

lastly Religion is very free in Turkey.. but it is not allowed to interfere with the running of the state or the education of the youth.. go look up the meaning of "Secular".. this is the reason the US is being run by evangelical fundamentalists.

I don't exactly see how not being Arab makes them better than the rest of the Middle East.. Anyways, just look at Tipaza, Zeralda, much of the structures there date back hundreds to thousands of years. Throughout Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, etc, many ancient as well as extremely well preserved mosques, Cathedrals, etc, can be found. Mughal architecture has resulted in many of the most beautifully built and most famous architectures in the world, for example, the Taj Mahal. Many of the thousands of Middle Eastern structures are famous not so much for outer appearance, but details, such as use of fine glass and structures such as Muqarnas, etc.. Much of Spanish architecture was based on that used in Northern Africa and the Middle East. Much of Middle Eastern architecture is based on these types of building, but just as all nations do, they continue to build and what's wrong with using some modern architecture?

And visit a Copt Cathedral in Egypt, etc, you'll find many throughout the country and much of North Africa and followers of the Coptus Orthodox Church are not only fairly common throughout North Africa, they and people of any religion are allowed to practice with as much freedom as anywhere else. Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, etc, are all very secular states, some not completely developed due to French occupation, but it was Afghanistan where ideas of intolerance began in the Middle East, which was the result of a confused nation after recent freedom from Soviet occupation.

I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with Turkey, it's a great country, but the rest of the Middle East isn't just the 1996 version of Kabul from end to end. The majority of the nations could just as easily fit in as a European nation by secular ideas of government conduct, strong economy/military, literacy, crime safety, etc.

Very nice pics you posted.

...How much time have you actually spent in the U.S.?

I kinda wish the Sultan-caliphs still ruled the middle east from Istanbul, like they did before 1918.

The caliphs were mortal enemies of all those rabid wahhabi fuckers, whose descendants are blowing themselves up left and right these days.

There wouldn't be an Israel for the fanatics to complain about.

Saddam Hussein and his baath butt-fuckers would either be selling melons in the Tikrit market place, or be executed by the Turks for being an outlawed political terror group.

Most of the oil in the middle east would be in Turkish hands, since they used to own Al Hasa, which contains nearly all of the Saudi oil reserves.

The Saudis would still be a backward bunch of nomads practising their mad desert islam, while the unimaginably wealthy Ottoman princes would be the ones blowing wads of cash all over the place.

Dubai would be around. Its never been Turkish.

Iran would be around. But there wouldn't have been an Iraq-Iran war. Because Iraq would just be three vilayets of the Ottoman empire.

Algeria was taken from the sultans in 1830, so unfortunately, that land of wedding massacres would also be around today.

All in all, the old "Sick Man of Europe" is like a fantastic paradise! At least, compared to the fucked up shit in the middle east since the Sick Man died.

Jurched

Algeria was taken from the sultans in 1830, so unfortunately, that land of wedding massacres would also be around today.

Complete bull shit again.. Like too much of what you say. My cousin got married last week and another cousin is getting married in a few days. I have about 1 relative getting married every few days for the past 16 years of my life, no "blood soaked weddings" yet...

I was in Incirlik, Turkey and A.) it was fucking sandy because it was blowing around in the air, and 2.) It was as humid as fucking jungle.

NOW, maybe the humidity seemed a bit much because I just left dry ass Iraq, so I could be wrong, but it was sandy. I also know that Turkey isnt like Saudi, just sand dune after sand dune. So I wasnt on the Greek coast side where I am sure it is nice.

It was green there, and it was the first green I had seen in months which was nice.

Complete bull shit again.. Like too much of what you say. My cousin got married last week and another cousin is getting married in a few days. I have about 1 relative getting married every few days for the past 16 years of my life, no "blood soaked weddings" yet...

How many relatives do you have holy shit? Thats over 800 weddings :)

And Jurched is saying pre 1830 it was the land of wedding massacres, allthough it does happen still

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1566556.stm

And Jurched is saying pre 1830 it was the land of wedding massacres, allthough it does happen still

No, pre-1830, they were a bunch of slaving pirates who needed to be brutally suppressed by the French before they began behaving.

No, no. I meant these days. Massacres at weddings and houses full of children were happening every other fuckin day for like 10 years. It was after the elections in the early 1990s, when the fanatical sharia law party won, but the military refused to accept it. So the Islamic whack-jobs began killing the innocent to prove just how wonderful they would be if they actually held power in the government. The massacres stopped for a few years, but I also read some articles on how they're starting up again here and there.

Shadow and I have been back and forth on this on that long-ass thread. He doesn't wanna accept (or maybe admit) it, and I remain aghast at his intransigence.

As for Turkey's desert-like weather... yeah, I have a Kurdish friend who was showing me photos of his home. Very desert-like in southeast, the Siirt area. Not a desert, but very hot, and kinda sandy.

Jurched

How many relatives do you have holy shit? Thats over 800 weddings :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1566556.stm

Not all direct relatives, I'm counting indirect cousins, etc, too, but I do have about 15 direct uncles/aunts there, with about 5+ kids each. You got to remember, that's only 3 deaths, at a time when Algerian civil problems were at their worst (the end of the 90s/very early 00s), but now Algeria's crime rate is very low, other than petty theft or pickpocketing, the amount of murder/rape/brutal assault is extremely low compared to much of Europe, etc, while in algeria, only 1.7 in every 100,000 people is a victim of murder, while in the US 5 people in every 100,000 is a victim or murder and in Russia 20 people in every 100,000 is a victim of murder. Even though the US has a murder rate 3 times larger %-wise than Algeria, the crime rate is still really low, Russia is the only place of the three who's having huge problems with crime. There are insane people everywhere, but percent wise, the number of crazy people in Algeria is much lower than 90% of the rest of the world.

Not all direct relatives, I'm counting indirect cousins, etc, too, but I do have about 15 direct uncles/aunts there, with about 5+ kids each. You got to remember, that's only 3 deaths, at a time when Algerian civil problems were at their worst (the end of the 90s/very early 00s), but now Algeria's crime rate is very low, other than petty theft or pickpocketing, the amount of murder/rape/brutal assault is extremely low compared to much of Europe, etc, while in algeria, only 1.7 in every 100,000 people is a victim of murder, while in the US 5 people in every 100,000 is a victim or murder and in Russia 20 people in every 100,000 is a victim of murder. Even though the US has a murder rate 3 times larger %-wise than Algeria, the crime rate is still really low, Russia is the only place of the three who's having huge problems with crime. There are insane people everywhere, but percent wise, the number of crazy people in Algeria is much lower than 90% of the rest of the world.

Dude Russia is an ENTIRE whole different can of worms. Rampant crime and corruption, and somehow Moscow is THE MOST EXPENSIVE city to live in..in the world. Its like the prices didnt change when the economy took a nose dive.

A weddin massacre is insane, but the world is not without the likes. Va Tech for example, what 32 people smoked? Crazy koreans! Too many video games!

You have about 1 relative marrying their cousin every few days?
Well, I guess Virginians have some competition.