The UK Metal Underground Supporting The Sophie Lancaster Foundation.

Sashibean

New Metal Member
Nov 8, 2013
I've just had a crazy idea.

By now we have all seen all the crazy stuff that's been going on today regarding the comments made about the late Sophie Lancaster from numerous people including a local promoter that almost everyone I know in the underground has worked with.

I know it is not OUR fault or OUR responsibility to help mend the storm that has been unleashed.

But I was thinking, since this does kind of affect us through association - how about we all band together as the strong underground metal scene that we are and try and help raise more awareness for the S.O.P.H.I.E. cause and maybe raise some money to donate while we are at it?

My idea is that as many bands as possible donates a release (or number of releases) of their choice to be piled up into a massive job lot that will be auctioned on somewhere like eBay and then all proceeds of course go towards the charity?

The releases can be stuff like rarities, first pressings and all that jazz - maybe even hand signed by each of the bands?

I think this will be a really good way, being the incredible underground scene that we are, to give something back on behalf of those who caused the offence. I'm sure all of you can part with at least one CD!

So how about it? It's kind of crazy I know but it's an idea!

Please share around people who you think might be interested and get back to me if you are.

Remember now that we are all a massive extended family and that statement needs to be shown to the world.

Here goes nothing I guess!

https://www.facebook.com/UKMetalSupportsSOPHIE