tiny underground in the UK?

Hi guys, check out both these sites.

UK METAL UNDERGROUND

4500 bands signed up as members from the UK already, over 8000 fans etc. Its bringing the UK metal scene together with directory listings for promoters, bands, venues, radio stations, tv, magazines, zines....you get the idea. It has bands of the week - bringing you the hottest unsigned talent from the UK and the signed bands also get in on the action - with recent involvement from Sikth, Burning Skies, Dragonforce and Gorerotted. They are touring festivals across the UK next year bringing the best of UK metal from all 4 nations to 6 venues across the UK and Ireland.

Also their forum is below.

UKMU forum

The UK underground is the healthiest it's ever been, it just needs to be shouted about more!

Lisa
x

ALL WILL CHANGE SOON MY FRIENDS! If you like your thrash metal anyway!

UK Thrash
www.ukthrash.co.uk
www.myspace.com/ukthrash

A new project to bring together old style thrash metal bands and fans from around the UK, and hopefully get more of a community going.

There is plenty of exciting thrash material coming out of the UK - Evile being a great example, hehe ;) - and it's about time this got recognition! The main site is well on the way, in the mean time please get in touch via Myspace.

And OL is right about this particular forum - no one knows it's here, it's rammed at the bottom of the entire page in a little grey box! In fact, I only just discovered it.

Haha, been registered on UM for years and literally only just found this bit!

The UK underground scene is pretty healthy if you ask me, you just have to go find it, unlike bigger countries with bigger metal scenes the bands arent really given the chance to get out of the pub circuits very often so theres a wealth of talent to be found playing down yer local!

Some of my favourite bands are up and comers from the UK...

Humanity
Evile
Pitiful Reign
Season's End
Intense
Scion
To-Mera
Scavenger
Mass Extinction
Headless Cross
Conquest Of Steel
Gama Bomb
Bloodstream
Attica Rage
SSS
Achren
Mutant
Deadfall
Heretic
Fireland
Frosthold
Gore
The Prophecy
Imindain

Thats just off the top of my head!

BTW, Cant wait to see the UK Thrash website, should be a fucking cool place!

I think there's a lot going on, and a lot of kids getting into metal of different kinds.

But just joining myspace has shown me how many little UK bands, and fans, are out there -and starting to network to get more gigs going. A lot more than I thought and more locally than I realised!

http://www.myspace.com/

:headbang: