tiny underground in the UK?

veil the sky

Lexicon V
Nov 22, 2001
Guildford UK
www.desolation.org.uk
It has been noted that the number of us who frequent this particular forum is a little small.

Why?

Are there not enough metallers in the UK?

It seems that wherever I go in the UK metal underground it's just a few names that crop up again and again. I think that the UK has some very healty new acts at the moment don't get me wrong, but why are we loyal British metalheads so few?

Has anyone else noticed this surprising paucity?

(Please don't leave this thread without reply, the irony would be just too much)

I think it's because most of the good bands in the UK are established bands, sadly I've not heard many new british metal acts that are up to much (except BLAZE but they're kinda established too). I'm sure there is some good stuff out there, it just takes some finding amongst the dross.

the only undergound stuff I know a website for is my own stuff - although it isn't really that metal. The tracks on my site are getting a little old now, will get some more on soon (ie when I get a working sound card in my PC)

www.metalbabe.co.uk

Originally posted by Caroline
the only undergound stuff I know a website for is my own stuff - although it isn't really that metal. The tracks on my site are getting a little old now, will get some more on soon (ie when I get a working sound card in my PC)

www.metalbabe.co.uk

tried the site and guess what:

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
A DNS lookup error occurred. The host was not found.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

oh well, i'll try late thanks anyway :)

We'll be opening a UK 'channel' on UM very soon, and as I'm relocating to London in May, you can be sure the UK scene will be pushed quite a bit on UM :)

Aah nice one Mark. Where in London are you going to?

Go to West London and I'll take you to a good game of footy at Stamford Bridge.;)

Come on you blues.

m_blueflag_1.jpg

hey sweet :)

I'm new to this forum everyone, as you may have noticed. I only just found this place after visiting the main board for several months :p Ah well, it's good to know there's more of you peeps here in the UK :)

Originally posted by veil the sky
Aah nice one Mark. Where in London are you going to?

Go to West London and I'll take you to a good game of footy at Stamford Bridge.;)

Come on you blues.

m_blueflag_1.jpg

Your stadium is crap, its like a swimming pool/fitness place :lol: theres rubber circle things on the floor and its just a joke, you wanna come to highbury to see a good game, and what about your pitch, its a real joke.

on another note, go to the new updated Gathering site and notice how Forum is spelt phorum, :rolleyes:

Originally posted by _Transparent_

Your stadium is crap, its like a swimming pool/fitness place :lol: theres rubber circle things on the floor and its just a joke, you wanna come to highbury to see a good game, and what about your pitch, its a real joke.

on another note, go to the new updated Gathering site and notice how Forum is spelt phorum, :rolleyes:

No, you want to go to Highbury to read a book, for a bit of peace and quiet. It's the good old Highbury library.

At least the council let us build our stadium, eh.;) ;)