The Ultimate Metal Band

For me..the ultimate metal band already exists...MAIDEN! It doesn't get any better then that for me :worship:

Pabla said:
For me..the ultimate metal band already exists...MAIDEN! It doesn't get any better then that for me :worship:

To me it was the band formerly known as Metallica circa 1983 to 1986 ;)

but for my choice nowadays it would be :

Guitar: Randy Rhoads (can we dig him up?) << he can handle both lead and rhythms, doesnt need a 2nd guitarist :worship: or Jake E. Lee cira Ozzy years or Alex Skolnick circa Testament years or Chris Poland

Bass: Cliff Burton (can we dig him up too? lol ) or Lemmy or Dave Ellefson or Steve Harris

Drums: Nicholas Barker (ex- Dimmu Borgir)

Vocals: Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Chuck Billy, Hetfield circa Ride the Lightning/Master of Puppets

:headbang:

The LINE UP TO END ALL LINE UPS!!!!!

Vocals-Rob Halford(Judas Priest, Fight, Halford)
Guitar-Dave Mustaine(Megadeth)
Guitar-Criss Oliva(Savatage)
Bass-Steve DiGiorgio(Sadus, Death, Vintersorg, Control Denied, Iced Earth,Testament)
Drums-Sean Reinhart(Death, Cynic, Gordian Knot)
Keybaords-Janne Warman(Children Of Bodom, Warmen)

Wicked Child said:
The LINE UP TO END ALL LINE UPS!!!!!

Vocals-Rob Halford(Judas Priest, Fight, Halford)
Guitar-Dave Mustaine(Megadeth)
Guitar-Criss Oliva(Savatage)
Bass-Steve DiGiorgio(Sadus, Death, Vintersorg, Control Denied, Iced Earth,Testament)
Drums-Sean Reinhart(Death, Cynic, Gordian Knot)
Keyboards-What for when you have such a killer team?
Fixed :D

Bryant said:
I didn't know you were a Mythiasin fan Vern !! Do you have the Redemption CD ?

Bryant
All Steel Prophet, Redemption and Taraxacum, and I want to check the last New Eden album :D

Redemption was a bit difficult to swallow in the beginning, the mood was too dark for my expectations. But now is pretty much alright, 'Something Wicked this Way Comes' is awsome!

And another combo:

Nils Patrick Johanssen - Vocals
Yngwie Malmsteen - Guitars
Richard Andersson - Keyboards
Tony Franklin - Bass
Jaime Salazar - Drums

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
To me it was the band formerly known as Metallica circa 1983 to 1986 ;)
QUOTE]

I can relate to that :) in a Maiden way of course :D

Bruce for me would always be the ultimate vocalist, it just so happens to be that he is in the world's greatest heavy metal band...yes I know, I am a hopeless case :loco: so when it comes to the "build your perfect band or lineup" I must say...I simply cannot! Hehehe

Wyvern said:
All Steel Prophet, Redemption and Taraxacum, and I want to check the last New Eden album :D

Redemption was a bit difficult to swallow in the beginning, the mood was too dark for my expectations. But now is pretty much alright, 'Something Wicked this Way Comes' is awsome!

And another combo:

Nils Patrick Johanssen - Vocals
Yngwie Malmsteen - Guitars
Richard Andersson - Keyboards
Tony Franklin - Bass
Jaime Salazar - Drums

Ah nice! Another Steel Prophet fan! BTW what did you think of "Unseen" as far as vocals go? I thought the album was good but for some reason vocals could have been better (I am in no way bashing here). Also, since you are such a big Mythiasin fan...will you be giving the new SP album a chance at all since he is no longer with them?

Vintersorg - Vocals (Otyg,Borknagar,Vintersorg,Havayoth)
Criss Oliva - Lead & Rythem Guitars (Savatage)
Alexi Laiho - Lead and Rythem Guitars (Children of Bodom)
Steve Harris - Bass (Maiden)
Nick Menza - Drums (Megadeth)
Jon Oliva - Keyboards (Savatage)

This would be a Tasty Band .... yaknow if Criss wasnt Dead

Wicked Child said:
hmmm...but i guess i might need more of a background key guy. And yes, i still want keys!! I like keys! Jon Lord, maybe? He works WITH the guitar, rather than trying to drown it out.
Heh I like keys well played too, it's just that I don't like the harpsichord sound used by all these finnish bands, but that's just me.
Jon Lord, on the other hand... :worship:

Pabla said:
Ah nice! Another Steel Prophet fan! BTW what did you think of "Unseen" as far as vocals go? I thought the album was good but for some reason vocals could have been better (I am in no way bashing here). Also, since you are such a big Mythiasin fan...will you be giving the new SP album a chance at all since he is no longer with them?
I thought "Unseen" was ok but probably their worst since the beginning.
Fortunately that New Eden record with Rick is very good! A bit long to get into though.

As for SP now... I don't know whether I should listen to their new album or not, I'm not very confident in the new singer when I look at his past bands.

Fangface said:
Heh I like keys well played too, it's just that I don't like the harpsichord sound used by all these finnish bands, but that's just me.
Jon Lord, on the other hand... :worship:
I usually would agree with you, but Jeanne Warman...i dunno, i just really like his style. And Jon Lord.....oh yes...:worship: the solo in Highway Star, Fireball, Burn, Lazy, many others....oh, the man is a legend.

Fangface said:
I thought "Unseen" was ok but probably their worst since the beginning.
Fortunately that New Eden record with Rick is very good! A bit long to get into though.

As for SP now... I don't know whether I should listen to their new album or not, I'm not very confident in the new singer when I look at his past bands.

I still haven't checked out New Eden...will have to now that you mention it! As to the new singer he surprisingly fits very well w/SP's new direction and style..."Beware" is actually quite good...I like it very much...if you are still "iffy" check out the review I did for it. Actually, 1 weak song really...the ballad.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160818

Thanks I'll try... to give it a try ;)

As for New Eden the new one is more progressive than ever, faster and harder. Just like early Steel Prophet on crack ahah.

Pabla said:
I like all SP albums as far as vocals go. "Unseen" opens really fine with 'Truth', also 'Mirror, Mirror, Life After Life' and 'Martyr' had a potent vocal performance by Rick. The album didn't coagulate as good as the previous ones due to the inner problems of the band, that eventually led to Rick to resign (get kicked, depends on the version) from SP. But since most of the composition comes from Katchisnky, I can't blame Rick for the product (same as the last two Judas Priest albums, it wasn't Tim Owens fault).

Actually I head a couple of samples of the new album and I believe are good enough to give the revamped band a chance. :D

JonnyD said:
Vintersorg - Vocals (Otyg,Borknagar,Vintersorg,Havayoth)
Criss Oliva - Lead & Rythem Guitars (Savatage)
Alexi Laiho - Lead and Rythem Guitars (Children of Bodom)
Steve Harris - Bass (Maiden)
Nick Menza - Drums (Megadeth)
Jon Oliva - Keyboards (Savatage)

This would be a Tasty Band .... yaknow if Criss wasnt Dead

That doesn't sound bad at all!! Tho I might replace Harris with Frank Bello, he might get along better with everyone and wouldn't want to write songs, produce albums and edit live videos ;)

a thrash line-up:

Kenn Nardi(Anacrusis)-vocals
Dave Mustaine(Megadeth)-Guitar
Mille Petrozza(Kreator)-Guitar
DD Verni(Overkill)-bass
Dave Lombardo(Slayer, Grip Inc. Fantomas, Testament)-drums