The Ultimate Metal Band

Fangface said:
Cool but I'm not sure King would get along very well with Tommy Lee :D
They might not get along with each other but I think it's Lemmy would rip Tommy's ass wide open! I'm a huge Crüe fan but the guys are nothing but pricks IMO. Beating a woman and insulting people for not liking the Hip Hop stuff he plays as a DJ that's all he can do nowadays. Oh boy, how the mighty have fallen... :erk:

The closest thing to a dream lineup would probably be Testament's "The Gathering" lineup

Anyway.

Devin Townsend - Vocals/Guitar
Jeff Loomis - Guitar
Steve DiGiorgio - Bass Guitar
Dave Lombardo - Drums

Fangface said:
Thanks I'll try... to give it a try ;)

As for New Eden the new one is more progressive than ever, faster and harder. Just like early Steel Prophet on crack ahah.

You really should...overall it is a great album :headbang:
:D the new Eden sounds interesting

Wyvern said:
I like all SP albums as far as vocals go. "Unseen" opens really fine with 'Truth', also 'Mirror, Mirror, Life After Life' and 'Martyr' had a potent vocal performance by Rick. The album didn't coagulate as good as the previous ones due to the inner problems of the band, that eventually led to Rick to resign (get kicked, depends on the version) from SP. But since most of the composition comes from Katchisnky, I can't blame Rick for the product (same as the last two Judas Priest albums, it wasn't Tim Owens fault).

Actually I head a couple of samples of the new album and I believe are good enough to give the revamped band a chance. :D

Yes, I totally agree...on "Unseen" you can really tell that the band is not going through good times. Actually Rick wasn't kicked out ;)

Glad to hear you liked the samples, it is really a very cool album! :headbang:

Break Zero said:
The closest thing to a dream lineup would probably be Testament's "The Gathering" lineup

Hell yeah!
48.gif

Another one:

Robert Lowe - vocals
Leif Edling - bass
Gary Jennings - guitar
Mike Wead - guitar
Bill Ward - drums

Vox: Ronnie James Dio
Guitar: Tony Iommi
Guitar: Ritchie Blackmore
Bass: Geezer Butler
Drums: Bill Bruford
Keys: Jon Lord

It could be called.... Black Purple... ASOIHXDKLJW>SXjn *dies*

Here's another one:

Vox: Michael Akerfeldt
Guitar: Yngwie Malmsteen
Guitar: Michael Romeo
Bass: Steve DiGiorgio
Drums: Virgil Donati
Keys: Kevin Moore

A little prog, a little death, a little instrumental masturbation, something for everyone.

Wicked Child said:
I usually would agree with you, but Jeanne Warman...i dunno, i just really like his style. And Jon Lord.....oh yes...:worship: the solo in Highway Star, Fireball, Burn, Lazy, many others....oh, the man is a legend.

No way !! It's Gunter hands down. I like "modern" keyboards only when it is used for atmosphere or if it sounds like strings (violin cello violla etc) or acoustic piano. Gunter is the exception. His tones are incredible and he doesn't overplay or underwhelm with just chords for atmospheric properties. He is in a class by himself as far as I am concerned.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
All Steel Prophet, Redemption and Taraxacum, and I want to check the last New Eden album :D

Redemption was a bit difficult to swallow in the beginning, the mood was too dark for my expectations. But now is pretty much alright, 'Something Wicked this Way Comes' is awsome!

Rick's voice was not recorded and produced well on that release. Nick (Van Dyk) guitarist and songwriter for Redemption was not happy about the production at all as well. I like the songs though.

Bryant

Bryant said:
No way !! It's Gunter hands down. I like "modern" keyboards only when it is used for atmosphere or if it sounds like strings (violin cello violla etc) or acoustic piano. Gunter is the exception. His tones are incredible and he doesn't overplay or underwhelm with just chords for atmospheric properties. He is in a class by himself as far as I am concerned.

Bryant
Well...I never really heard any of his stuff, so i can't comment.

Bryant said:

Bryant
Well...I never really heard any of his stuff, so i can't comment.