The ULTIMATE Metal Guitar

Most Metal guitar, I like my stock Epiphone Gothic Explorer the best. I've a jackson Kelly, and the only thing I like on that are the Duncan's.

Vital Remains said:
You need to get a few guitars that have locking tremolos , they will grow on you once you realize the level of versatility they have. They are a bitch to set up the first few times. I had to start out on one.
I played this badass charvel the other day. Duncans, real floyd, ebony board. It was bad. (in the good way). Anyone here own the san dimas?
Kinda like "phat"(in the black way)?:loco:
I've owned about nine guitars with Floyds on them. Not all at once, but through a period of the past ten years or so. One of the nicest guitars I've ever owned had one (PeaveyUSCustom), the thing had an awesome tone! But, unless you have a bunch of guitars for backup, if you're playing a show and pop a string - you're fucked! I'm not currently in a band, just recording, but I've had a number of funny experiences with Floyds on the road. Maybe I never got to be good at setting them up real fast, but ever since then I just kinda lost it for the goddamn things! Besides, there's NOTHING that I can not do with my Whammy pedal that I could ever do with a Floyd Rose. Actually, I can do A LOT more with a Whammy.

I can't choose only one.
Jackson Randy Rhoads model guitars are basically the epitome of metal. Along with: Les Pauls, Explorers and other similarly styled guitars (the Jackson Kelly comes to mind ;)) Dean ML, and of course, the classic Jackson Soloist (particularly the SL2H ;)) and various early Charvel guitars. Humbucking pickups go without saying, the most popular being probably EMGs.

Metal is about distortion which is why EMG's rule.

Regardless pick ups are not going to make you more or less a diverse player. It's in the fingers, not gear,tone,amps,pick ups. If you can't play pick ups are not going to make your sound more diverse.

The Greys said:
Metal is about distortion which is why EMG's rule.

Regardless pick ups are not going to make you more or less a diverse player. It's in the fingers, not gear,tone,amps,pick ups. If you can't play pick ups are not going to make your sound more diverse.
True. But can you really sound good on a piece of shit guitar through a piece of shit little amp? The thread is about what you think the ultimate metal guitar is. You know - what is your "shred-machine" with those EMGs?
How cheesy is that?

the Ibanez prestige s, then put a dimebucker in the bridge, my mate has one and its the best sounding guitar ive ever heard, i own a GRX40, which is a great guitar to start on, sounds good with my metal zone.

You're all wrong.

The best metal guitar is my Airguitar 666000, which I have been playing since the age of 9. Once played, it can emulate any guitar tone or phrase with a widdle of the fingers of the left hand, and the face of the cum-monkey. Better yet, anyone can play it, including (mostly) metal vocalists, during instrumental sections.

That's the Airguitar 666000, the pretend guitar of choice to lone losers everywhere!

What's the point in 7,8 string guitars.

Mikael from opeth,andy from kind diamond can do more than anyone that use 7,8 string guitars on a regular basis using 6 strings.