The uniquest bands

I

Ivo

Hey guys,
I wonder what do you think about the bands that are strange and unique? I just love them...the way they touch my heart and make me visualize...things. So SOAD are like that... can you give me some more examples, but I mean REALLY unique and weird musicians. Check out the band of my friend - http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/30/ater_draconis.html
and the song "Eht terces fo efil" and tell me what do you think!

Steve Vai is the most unique musician i know of... and im still going through a Vai craze at the moment...
But with any band that is crazy enough there is bound to be songs i dont like, but theres also gonna be songs which really take me to places no other bands can.

I tend to have a lot of respect for the more unique bands because you can usually tell that they have found their own style through a lot of thought and experimentation... rather than like most bands just copying whatever style their favourite band does.

Unique band: MAGMA - a 70's band from France. The style they play is called Zeuhl (a style which they invented), and they sing in Kobaian language (which they came up with too). Check out the album "Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh".

(and this was just sparse and minimalistic enough to mysteriosously lure the unaware, who shudder in fear of the unknown, end of transmission)

Hundin Reugh Dindol

Tool IS unique... I think one can tell a Tool song apart from any other rock song if one has heard the band a few times; especially Maynard's voice is very unique...

Originally posted by mindflesh
Tool IS unique... I think one can tell a Tool song apart from any other rock song if one has heard the band a few times; especially Maynard's voice is very unique...

I guess they are unique in a way. They're one of the only prog influenced bands that suck insturmentally.

Limbonic Art is very unique (c'mon, back me up here Melancholia!).
Borknagar
VIntersorg
Opeth, of course
Carcass (no one else EVER sounded like Carcass)
Devin Townsend (who CAN sound like this?)

Originally posted by Pieguy
If you think SOAD is unique you'd probably also find Tool, and maybe even Staind unique.
Soad are armenians, there're alot of them at the place where I live, so they have strange music as their culture...

I know Impaled Northern Moon Forest and i can assure you Death Kristjan is worse.
At least you know INMF is a joke but this........ :rolleyes:

There are some samples in the site that don't work because: "You must make the songs look like .mp3 first becouse there name is now .BAD becouse the server thinked our songs were too not nice to be up loaded but we called to satan and he maked it allright for us." :p

I think there's only two songs in Audiogalaxy, 'Satan Wil Kill You Dead' ( sic. :err: ) and Pagen Faers (sic. hm? ) which i asume is a Mayhem cover...

By the way, you must read the disclaimer first: "REMEBRE THAT IF YOU ARE LISTEN TOO THESE MP3S THEN SATAN WIL KNOW YOU IS NOT NICE! HIAL SATAN!"

:lol:

are you convinced now?