The Upcoming DVD

Siren said:
But there's no official release date yet?
Or did i miss smt?

...and by a week, I mean sometime in my lifetime. :)

Ormir said:

hmm...interesting. why are they cutting out the last 2 seconds of each song? is the krakow concert not going to flow continuosly then? seems a bit dumb to cut out the end of every song...and if the reason was for storage reasons, why not just cut out a song that is on there more than once?

kevin

benighted said:
hmm...interesting. why are they cutting out the last 2 seconds of each song? is the krakow concert not going to flow continuosly then? seems a bit dumb to cut out the end of every song...and if the reason was for storage reasons, why not just cut out a song that is on there more than once?

kevin

that was a running joke since on the first batch of copies of damage done the last two seconds of three tracks had been accidentally cut off by the guys at century media. ;)

rahvin.

rahvin said:
that was a running joke since on the first batch of copies of damage done the last two seconds of three tracks had been accidentally cut off by the guys at century media. ;)

rahvin.

Three tracks? I though it was just Final Resistance and White noise/ Black silence? At least on my copy of DD

seventi said:
Three tracks? I though it was just Final Resistance and White noise/ Black silence? At least on my copy of DD

actually i think if you listen closely the fading effect on another one (can't remember which... hours or monochromatic or single part i guess) is also cut rather abruptly, but it's hard to notice.

rahvin.

rahvin said:
actually i think if you listen closely the fading effect on another one (can't remember which... hours or monochromatic or single part i guess) is also cut rather abruptly, but it's hard to notice.

rahvin.

Aha, never noticed that before. Rather annoying because I will always search for that cut now that I listen to the album. Just like with Opeth's The Moor and it's cough at the end :)

Uh, now that this topic appeared here on this forum a second time in a short while:

Wasn't it so, that EVERY single track on the "damaged" DD-copies stopped a bit too early? Or is my memory just not working properly? :err: I recall there was some arguing about this, but did we achieve a general consensus?

Well, I might just go and compare every track of my "damaged" european copy with my "undamaged" japanese copy, just to make sure...

-Villain (who never noticed the famed "The Moor -cough", despite numerous attempts)

that's possible, yes. those who are not audibly so, however, can hardly be compared with a different version. i mean, we don't know whether the master cd's had all songs a full minute of silence longer, so 5" or 10" or 20" of emptiness at the end of a track might actually be a conscious choice that normally wouldn't affect the result.

rahvin.

@Villain: Listen to The Moor again and somewhere around 10 mins 13 seconds there should be a very low cough in the background. Though, it isn't that easy to hear it as many claim. It took me a while :)

rahvin said:

rahvin.

ahhhh i see. haha...i hope those same guys aren't the ones that are working on the dvd!

you greasy bastard :p and i guess you'll even brag about it extensively right here once the time has come ;)