The Useless Facts thread

Here's another useless fact:

Pangaea was not the first supercontinent.

There is evidence that suggests Rodinia was the first one. It is said to have formed about 1 billion years ago, before breaking up about 750 million years ago.

Rodinia split into Pannotia, which split into Pangaea.

Then Pangaea split into Laurasia and Gondwana, and so on, and so forth.

Although there is a lot of dispute between palaeogeographists over whether this actually happened. :erk:

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Here's another useless fact:

Pangaea was not the first supercontinent.

There is evidence that suggests Rodinia was the first one. It is said to have formed about 1 billion years ago, before breaking up about 750 million years ago.

Rodinia split into Pannotia, which split into Pangaea.

Then Pangaea split into Laurasia and Gondwana, and so on, and so forth.

Although there is a lot of dispute between palaeogeographists over whether this actually happened. :erk:

this explains why Americans like Scandinavian Metal:loco:

Another useless stupid fact: (I got so lazy this time that I just copied directly from Wikipedia)

Rudolf Julius Emanuel Clausius (January 2, 1822 – August 24, 1888), was a German physicist and mathematician.

Clausius was one of the founders of thermodynamics. His most important paper, on the mechanical theory of heat, published in 1850, first stated the basic ideas of the second law of thermodynamics. In 1865 he introduced the concept of entropy.

OMG! He even had a crater on the moon named after him!

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFBTPMN

Here's more!:

Special relativity considers that observers in inertial reference frames, which are in uniform motion relative to one another, cannot perform any experiment to determine which one of them is "stationary". This is known as the principle of relativity.

(This means you can't tell if something else is not moving if you're not moving yourself.)

General relativity is a geometrical theory which postulates that the presence of mass and energy "curves" spacetime, and this curvature affects the path of free particles (and even the path of light).

(This just means you take up space :p)

More crap!:

The Aztecs were a Mesoamerican people of central Mexico in the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries. They were a civilization with a rich mythology and cultural heritage. Their capital was Tenochtitlan, built on raised islets in Lake Texcoco – the site of modern-day Mexico City.

Woo-hoo.

Hooray!

Anyway, more crap:

The Triassic is a geologic period that extends from about 245 to 202 Ma (million years ago). As the first period of the Mesozoic Era, the Triassic follows the Permian and is followed by the Jurassic. Both the start and end of the Triassic are marked by major extinction events. The extinction event that closed the Triassic period has recently been more accurately dated, but as with most older geologic periods, the rock beds that define the start and end are well identified, but the exact dates of the start and end of the period are uncertain by a few million years.

Yep...

in hebrew Dag = fish Dagan = grain Dagdagan = clitoris

this says that it takes to dags to make a clitoris...
after many experiments and simulation I've come to the conclusion that the statement is untrue.
the proof is the contredictory statement which states "Dag is not a pussy!!!"
which was proven without any doubts by evidence on video of dag being Metal to the bone(probably because he has a lot of iron in his manly food).

AnTz0r said:
hey fat guy, only funny stuff please :)

This is the useless fact thread, not the funny thread.

So how would you like a nice big cup of shut the fuck up? :D

Just kidding. :tickled:

A faggot or fagot is a bundle of sticks or branches, usually meant for use as firewood. It derives through the Old French fagot and the Italian diminutive faggotto from the Latin facus ("bundle", itself from fasces), coming into Middle English no later then 1279. It has also been used on occasion to refer more specifically (attested from 1555 in English) to wood for funeral pyres or a burning at the stake, and recanting heretics had to wear an embroidered figure of a faggot on their sleeve.

I have a related story to the faggots things.
when I was in the army a friend of mine opened a pack of the cheapest shittiest cigarettes made in Israel called "Nobles" that sell for about 1.5US$ for a pack of 20.
so he opens a new box takes one and softens it by rolling it with his fingers and suddnely boom...he gets a 5cm splinter stuck in his finger...it went pretty deep too, luckily it was an army base so the infermery was about 2 minutes away and he got the splinter out and finger disinfected.after that day he quit smoking and never touched a cigarette in his life.
the connection is that faggot is a bundle of twigs and you can get splinters from wood so that's probably why the britts call cigarettes-fags.

another cigarette related fact.In Israeli military prisons there are 10 cigarettes given to each inmate soldier weekly.The brand of the cigarettes is the mentioned above "Nobles".I got to know that when I was a drill sgt. so I'd know under what conditions will be my ill behavioured soldiers when I send them there...so I got a tour of the prison and I asked the guide why do the inmates get Nobles and not better cigarettes,is it because they're the cheapest? so he answered me this:
If you burn directly the filter of most Israeli cigarettes,it melts and sticks together and may become a sharp instrument(to cut yourself,they don't stab each other there much...those kind of people are usually not allowed in the army for being too dangerous), some soldiers have tried to commit suicide this way.unlike other cigarettes,the "Nobles" filter doesn't melt and stick but disingrates when in contact with a flame so it's can't become a weapon and that's why they give it in prison.

in dutch fagot is a bassoon (you know, the orchestra instrument). (it told me to lengthen this message to at least 1 characters???