The Useless Facts thread

paradoxile

Den Sista Ljusbäraren
Jul 20, 2004
Israel
myspace.com
An Idea I decided to try in this forum first because It one of mavorite forums ever...

so just post here crazy facts or useless facts or just facts that no one has to know.

I'll start...

The origin of the word Armageddon-like all other cool words this one comes from hebrew and specificly from the old testament.It's a distortion of the hebrew name "Har Megido" which means Mt. Megido which is a real place in Israel,at bibicle times it was a place of all sorts of worship rituals for different Idols and the stars...these rituals included Sodomy,Rape and Human secrifice. These days there's a Maximum security prison there(mostly for terrorist that got caught)...in the past few months there has been an archiological discovery of an 11th century church ruins in the prison yard. As a special project the inmates are helping the archiologists recover the remains of the church.

edit:just fixed some punctuations...shit happens when you type too fast

No cooperation...no problem

The Islamic movement Hazballah's leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah has openly denied the holocaust has ever happened...

In reaction I say..."Nasrallah" in russian means "She shitted herself"

here's something I got from the Ewigkeit mailing list:

THE EWIGKEIT MINISTRY OF INFORMATION
Death To Muisc HQ

WEEKLY COMMUNICATION #05

If you have a short-wave radio, you can occasionally tune into "Number stations". These are broadcasts of a digitized female voice reading random numbers
(i.e ; "683246 9284765 0164398" etc etc...)

If you tune into a female voice calling out 3 phoenetic letters, then you have tuned into a Mossad broadcast.
If you tune into an American female voice, counting "1234567890" for 10 minutes, followed by five digit numbers, then it is a CIA broadcast.
If you tune into a transmission starting with the first few bars of the English folk-song "The Lincolnshire Poacher", then it is an MI6 broadcast.

There are also broadcasts known to originate from other states such as China & Russia. In recent years, the broadcasts have also been known to contain data bursts. These braodcasts act as a theoretically fool-proof method of the intelligence agencies transmitting to their agents in code.

The broadcasts are known to originate from intelligence agencies, or embassies and diplomatic buildings (which are usually seen with broadcasting ariels on the roofs) - this is due to international law stating that all embassies will be able to remain in contact with the state their home countries. The BBC is also known to be involved with the braodcasting of such stations.

happy hunting...

///end///

It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.o?= Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month we know today as the honeymoon.

If you could associate any animal with a vagina it would be a cat...that's why they call it pussy and kitty and It's similar in other languages too ,like russian for instance "KISKA".but only in the arab countries and eventually the word traveled to hebrew too, the word for vagina is "KUS" which is a certain breed of owls....It must be the lunar calendar that makes us all crazy.

paradoxile said:
If you could associate any animal with a vagina it would be a cat...that's why the call it pussy and kitty and it's similar in other languages too like russian for instance "KISKA".but only in the arab countries and eventually the word traveled to hebrew too, the word for vagina is "KUS" which is a certaing breed of owls....It must be the lunar calendar that makes us all crazy.
In swedish it's not called cat, but instead mouse, "MUS" (don't ask me why). Which can cause some confusion since the name for a computer mouse is also "MUS". Some years ago I was teaching C++ programming and a female student came to me and told her she had some problems with her "MUS" and wanted me to take a look at it. About one second after she told me that, she realized the double meaning in the statement, and she burst out lauging. :p

Stilgar said:
In swedish it's not called cat, but instead mouse, "MUS" (don't ask me why). Which can cause some confusion since the name for a computer mouse is also "MUS". Some years ago I was teaching C++ programming and a female student came to me and told her she had some problems with her "MUS" and wanted me to take a look at it. About one second after she told me that, she realized the double meaning in the statement, and she burst out lauging. :p

LOL...
I had a similar case...when I was in the army as a commander I was sent a group of girls to help move some boxes...at some point when I was giving orders I said in hebrew remove the bottom ones and pointed at the boxes...some of the girls were still busy doing what I ordered them earlier and didn't see me point at the boxes.now "remove the bottom ones" in hebrew can also mean "take off you panties" depends on the context...I got this look >:erk: from the girls...and said "you got filthy minds, I meant the bottom boxes"

Todays topic as it's valentine's day is the sence of smell...
Most people use the sence of smell pretty instenctively...without ever thinking about the actual meaning of it.
Well how does it work... basicly you have sensors inside your nose that when a certain molecule touches the sensor, an electrical current is passed to the brain and the brain analizes it and sends a message to the pleasure zone.
When we smell something we actually take samples of the thing we smell into our own body(and specifically the nose)...so when we smell roses then we get a small sample of the rose in our nose and that's fine...but what happens when we smell shit or someone's smelly post mexican food farts...
think about it and bonapetit:yuk:

Here's a useless fact:

The Sweet Track was the first engineered roadway in the world.

It was built around 3800 B.C.

It resides in Somerset Levels, England, and most of the track is still in it's original location.

Is that useless enough? It's interesting, though.

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFB

paradoxile said:
An Idea I decided to try in this forum first because It one of mavorite forums ever...

so just post here crazy facts or useless facts or just facts that no one has to know.

I'll start...

The origin of the word Armageddon-like all other cool words this one comes from hebrew and specificly from the old testament.It's a distortion of the hebrew name "Har Megido" which means Mt. Megido which is a real place in Israel,at bibicle times it was a place of all sorts of worship rituals for different Idols and the stars...these rituals included Sodomy,Rape and Human secrifice. These days there's a Maximum security prison there(mostly for terrorist that got caught)...in the past few months there has been an archiological discovery of an 11th century church ruins in the prison yard. As a special project the inmates are helping the archiologists recover the remains of the church.

edit:just fixed some punctuations...shit happens when you type too fast

Useless(?) fact: According to the Reuters story the prison inmates who made the discovery were incarcerated for breaking some traffic laws. I'm guessing they were probably Palestinians. :rolleyes: