The vocals in Nightmares Made Flesh...

P-E

Munchkin
Jul 31, 2008
Montreal, QC
...Are some of the best I ever heard.

Peter Tägtgren's vocals are really vicious and his vocals are mixed in a way that lets them shine.

Any Hypocrisy album(s) I should check out? :)

my opinion:

penetralia and........... catch 22 (for me the best Hypocrisy album ever, and that is that nobody likes), those are extremely heavy and brutal.

cheers!

PD
abducted too!

The Arrival and Virus are some of his best vocal wise, with the Arrival being my favorite.

Though 'Blooddrenched' (virus) is pretty much the sweetest song ever.

I never liked Peters vocals that much before Nightmare Made Flesh. He totally earned my respect after that album(note that I'm a long time Hypocrisy fan)
I actually prefer this typ of vocals more than Mikael Åkerfeldts for Bloodbath.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't the vocals on Nightmares Made Flesh REALLY modified in the DAW - like, pitch shifted a lot lower, etc?

I heard somewhere this was the case, because I was always sure Peter Tägtgren's vocals were more of a higher scream type of deal, whereas Bloodbath always have more of a brutal/lower growl sound. I think I read somewhere that Bloodbath were very pleased with Peter's performances, but wanted him to sound a bit more like Mikael so they altered the vocals a lot in the studio.

Once again, forgive me if I'm wrong - I haven't heard much Hypocrisy.

I'll finish by saying that I don't care either way, because I think the vocal sound is fucking incredible and it is easily my favourite Bloodbath album. :)

I'm not sure if they altered them or not, however I do know peter is capable of some brutal lows, check out The Final Chapter, go to about the 1:45 mark. I fucking love this band :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure there's some studio trickery going on with his vocs in Bloodbath. Sounds like they pitched him down and blended with the original. Regardless, they sound great.

Pretty sure there's some studio trickery going on with his vocs in Bloodbath. Sounds like they pitched him down and blended with the original. Regardless, they sound great.

Oh well, 'twas too good to be true!

They do sound great, gonna check all your suggestions, The Arrival, Virus, Catch 22 and Penetralia.

Thanks a lot! :headbang:

Yeah, from what I'm listening to on youtube atm (Blooddrenched, awesome song btw, thanks!), they're almost the same, lower in NMF but still very similar in tone and timbre.

Maybe someone wants to know this:

I'm late... but here it is...
The vocals are the following chain - Peters throat - Neumann M149 - Rupert
> Neve Amek Pure Path CIB - Waves L2 - straight into the rigs thru coax
> Spdif
> 24 bit 44.1 khz.
That´s some 1000 euro vocalchain for ya!!! >There is some
> software 1176 in crushmode + reneissance de-esser..that´s it...

And no, his vocals aren't pitched down or whatever... listen to some old Hipocrisy (fourth dimension etc.)
Blakkheim already killed people for saying so :rolleyes:

I figured it was comped to hell of course, L2 makes sense.

Neumann M149 (GODLY :googly:) - Rupert
> Neve Amek Pure Path CIB
software 1176 in crushmode

That chain. :worship:

Thanks a lot FloridaRolf!