The vocals on...

Russell

__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
discouraged ones... They're damn good for the majority, I just wish they were sung with more confidence. I just get the feeling they are always at the back of the music and never prominent enough :cry: But apart from that I'm loving this album ;) :D

Personally I think the vocals on the album do a very good job.

Because of the lack of confidence and strength in the vocals they sound a whole lot more frail and add to the depressive atmosphere of the album as a whole.

I agree. Despite their appearent fragility (in relention for example) I think they contribute to create that atmosphere of discouragement which permeates the entire album.
I love the way Jonas sings in Deadhouse, it seems like a kind of moaning...

Originally posted by The Dreamreader

Because of the lack of confidence and strength in the vocals they sound a whole lot more frail and add to the depressive atmosphere of the album as a whole.

I couldn't of said it better.:)

One could say that it isn't very good singing on the dis - album, Jonas has learnt to sing a lot better 'til LFDGD. Still the singing on Discouraged Ones fits album and it's atmosphere just perfectly, and I can't even think of any other kind of lyrics there.

:cool: :cool:

i love the twisting names insiiiiiiide bit where its normal then suddenly the insiiiiiiiide goes well like it does :lol: great.
anyway the singings really good, its sorta like a Jeff Buckley inspired mono tonish brilliance. :D

the vocals are far from great... but he first time i heard DO i was hit really hard with the strenght of frail vocals. I never experience nothing like that... they really ft the music but Jonas gives me the impression that he wasnt really sure of what he was doing, my opinion.

I couldn't have said any better than ether. In deadhouse Jonas' fragile voice comes out best, i just love this song and of course the whole album, imo you just can't get more depressive music than you have in this album.For me it's kind of a fullfillment!

Originally posted by phyre
"Shröud of fölth embraaace me / As the stätue störes so cüüüld / Black blue eyes of möourning / Cheeeld börn to doöie" part on "Funeral Wedding

SIBERIAN vocals nailed!!!
however that was Seth the Tsar who sang them...
i just did some of the mad screams here and there...

Originally posted by nogs00

perhaps you could show us how it "should" have been done??

I wasn't dissing his vocals or saying it should be a different way.. I'm just saying that in the beginning he doesn't sound like he's sure how he should be singing but then he sounds better later on. There's nothing wrong with it at all.

Originally posted by YgroWok
It's kind of like Jonas's vocals on Day on the Brave Murder Day CD. He doesn't always sound like he's sure he should be singing but yet it fits really well with the song.

I love his clean vocals on that one! I'm not quite sure why they get at me on discouraged ones - cos I don't know it yet but... its something else as well :confused: oh well:D