Discouraged ones & brave murder day

fishboy

New Metal Member
i only have the last 3 albums. i've been planning to get discouraged ones a long time but its so expensive over here.
but i ordered it a few weeks back at my local shop and they've been having trouble getting it.

but i went to sydney the other day and saw this cd:
CMKAT001-2.jpg

so, i'm just wondering what the deal with this cd is? its 2 discs with discouraged ones and brave murder day. how come i've never seen it before and never seen itn mentioned online. is it new?
the artwork looks pretty cool, but i like the discouraged ones look and i kinda want that.

any idea if i should be buying this cd, or just try and get the standard version of dicouraged ones?

its annoying that there are so many versions of each katatonia cd (except viva emptiness it seems - but i'm sure there will be later)

It's not rare, it's an Australian Century Media/Shock Re-release of the two albums + "For funerals to come" obviously repackaged into a double disc with new art.
See Australian Kerrang Magazine (April Issue) The same re-issue has happened with Bloodbath album and E.P.

Hope this helps :)

so its an australian only release? when'd it come out?
i noticed there was a big sticker on it flogging the fact mikael does vocals, so i kinda guessed maybe they're trying to get more cash now that opeth are so huge here.
i quit buying australian kerrang a while back cause they changed it to monthly (which was a good thing), but then they needed more stuff to fill it up, so they just started filling it up with stuff from the uk version, and then they changed the format, which pretty much made it a carbon copy of the uk one, so there seemed to be no point in paying money for it. and they only gave viva emptiness 4/5 :(

It's nice with some extras. The best thing is that you get all these great songs on CD! But I prefer to have the original, two, cds instead of one collection. Don't like collections at all...

cool compilation/combination :D I'd say you could go for it now, and hopefully you'll be able to get DO later on.. i've had trouble finding it over here as well, just recently ordered from a small online shop, not sure if they had it in stock though :(

cddisc.gif
Katatonia - Without God

well, i went to my local JB Hi-Fi, and they had 5 copies of this in already, so i got them to cancel the DO order and swap it to this one. it ended up being half the price of the regular DO anyways so its gotta be worth it considering Brave Murder Day is on there too ;)

both cds seem pretty cool so far :)

Endtime has a part in it, which reminds me of blade runner like shots. Does anybody know if parts of Katatonia songs have ever appeared in movies?