The wait is over...

Jean-Pierre

Son of The Bitch
Jun 27, 2004
Detroit, MI
WATCHTOWER Begin Recording New Album - Nov. 29, 2004

WATCHTOWER guitarist Ron Jarzombek has posted the following update on the recording sessions for the group's long-awaited new album, tentatively titled "Mathematics".

"During the past several months, WATCHTOWER has been tweaking the music and finishing up lyrics for the next CD. Last weekend, Rick [Colaluca, drums] went into Melody Ranch studios here in San Antonio, and recorded drums for the first half of the songs. The rest of us will record our tracks in our own home studios. The plan is to complete the first half of the songs, then begin shopping the CD while the rest of the material is being recorded. About a tentative release date..., don't even ask. I have a timetable in my head that I'm following, but I don't want to get into any of that for obvious reasons."

Thoughts? I can't wait to hear it, and I hope it will be good.

From the limited amount of watchtower I have heard (mainly earlier stuff) I was pretty impressed.

I have significant amounts of their catalogue to work through before getting the new stuff, but regardless its good news ...

I'm pretty sure the original vocalist is back...it's a shame, I prefer Alan's vocals.

The Grimace said:
Hah, haha, hahaha... I will hear it before all you bitches!! Melody Ranch is right up the road a piece, and Ronnie is a friend-of-a-friend. Got to hear his last solo album before it was released, too. I'm spooging here, man!

Do you know who's going to be the vocalist on the new album???

Jean-Pierre said:
Do you know who's going to be the vocalist on the new album???

I haven't heard anything about it being Jason, I just sorta assumed it would be Alan. Last thing I heard Jason and Zombek weren't on good terms, but that may be old info. Plus I think he's mainly doing Broken Teeth. The band actually draws good crowds and their albums sell well (I used to work for Perris Records, their label/distributor), so I don't see him leaving. But now I kinda wanna find out. Time to make some phone calls.