the WAR thread

Originally posted by Weapon X
Yes Bush & Blair will attack no matter what, there is no doubt about it. No Chirac is not gonna back the U.S. he made it clear with that Germany and France will oppose this war. China has now made a similar stance as Germany and France. Read articles of those countries response to the up coming war.

Germany & France response
China's response

I know that but I'm afraid Chirac and other Europeean country leaders are just muppets to the will of the USA and UK. They can blame and condemn as much as they want but they'll do nothing against it. Maybe at the end they'll decide to back the US. who knows what kind of clues ( either true or falsified ) will be taken as an argument to back them in order not to frustrate mister Bush and Blair.
Here in France 'we' or rather 'they' feel indebted to the US for the liberation of the country , summer 1944. I'm not saying I'm not grateful considering the terrible amount of deaths caused by this episode in WWII . But that's not a reason to back them up ad vitam eternam whatever the cause.
To sum up, I hope France won't back up the war against Irak unless we are given evidence of saddam's will to start a war or support terrorism. (tho the poor conditions of Irakiens that is certainly much of his own fault some say and they may be right is already a good reason to chase him) Anyway ... how can we , 'little people' , be sure of anything at our level... we're given the truth they want us to believe... no paranoia ...

waohhh i managed to make a serious post and i even think my sentences make sense for once :)
but in the end, still there's no answer ...
( I'll put that in my lyrics one day :lol: )

Originally posted by pagan2002
we are all fucked.
have a nice day.

have a nice day too Danny ! Who knows what will happen tonight ... An atomic mushroom in Paris sky would be beautiful to watch hahah ...
seriously I share your point of view , I think humanity is fucked up and is on its decline. Its no pessimism to the utmost, it's being realistic.

but we can do something to ease the pain !

http://www.vhemt.org/

better this way , isn't it ? ;)

>> No Chirac is not gonna back the U.S. he made it clear with >>that Germany and France will oppose this war.

okay, i just came out of actual history class and we spend an hour about this war, obviously.
i'm not going to make some theory here, but just some basic facts, more or less out of the mouth of my teacher.

you can't trust much media. http://www.janes.com is trustable though, as well as the financial times http://news.ft.com/home/rw/

ain't it funny that the big american press agencies booked the hotels for february-march in iraq's neighbouring countries already in october?

france is opposed to the war, since they have pretty good oil negotians (their big oil company total elf) with iraq, and it wouldn't be very fun to have to negotiate with the americans to keep those conditions.

germany is because they have been cheated 2x by the security council, they were allowed to bomb in 1999 in kuweit (first time since world war II) and were promised veto in the security council, but didn't get it, same kind of thing happened in 1991.

but what can they do?

bush just will attack in february, march otherwise it becomes literaly too hot in iraq. (and with all the stuff he's sending there, would be stupid not to do anything with it.)

who gets better from this war? people who have obligations and stuff in weapons. every day there are now new millionairs created. i wonder who has these kind of obligations, somebody knows?

it will be most interesting to see how the 'republican guard' army will move. now they are on saddams side, but if the american's can buy them... well. let's see then.

result?
the americans might let it turn out into a civil war (if saddam gets away: who should take control of the country: there are too many opposed groups inside iraq) if the american's just put a guy there, it's just the same shit which happens over and over for the population: they won't get better from it. perhaps for a while they will get medicine and educationmoney again (ain't it a scandal that there is an embargo against exporting medicine over there! must be fun having an operation with none or half the dose of morphine) but... it's pointless.

but all in all, how many care?
and what can they do?

In response to cedarbreed

Well your right, in many ways. I don't think there is anything that any other country can do to stop this war from happening. Only 2 things that other countries can do
1) make war or sanctions to defend Iraq of course this is ludicrious and won't happen
2) just not particapate in the war, which I think is likely.
My guess is that France, Germany, China will do Number 2.
We got the same problem in my country. Canada says it won't support the war without UN approval. But will they do what they say, only time will tell.

Originally posted by siderea
>> No Chirac is not gonna back the U.S. he made it clear with >>that Germany and France will oppose this war.

Don't you know Chirac made many things 'clear' by the past and changed his mind afterwards... his nickname here is 'superliar' ...
And it's not a convicted Chirac opposent who is telling you that ...

Goddamn this thread is getting so depressive ! I know it's all about doom metal ,sadness and weeping in the forest by moonlight but why don't we Carpe Diem a little and have a little fun injection ... look for instance what if we changed this 'WAR THREAD' into ' WAR AGAINST OPETH FORUM THREAD' again ! twas so funny last time ...
I know what you gonna say ... so i'll let you carry on weeping by moonlight in the haunted wood cemetary ...

hehe, no, i know, the teacher i have is just so cynical all the time, she tells good, and i guess quite reliable things, but she doesn't give solutions.... but if you make people think about things enough, and make their brain work a bit, i think there might be some who can come up with solutions which are worth concidering. there is brain enough on this planet, we better use it. (getting doom and depressed about it won't work much though, you're right, though cemetary howling could have a revival in music world).

Originally posted by siderea
hehe, no, i know, the teacher i have is just so cynical all the time, she tells good, and i guess quite reliable things, but she doesn't give solutions.... but if you make people think about things enough, and make their brain work a bit, i think there might be some who can come up with solutions which are worth concidering. there is brain enough on this planet, we better use it. (getting doom and depressed about it won't work much though, you're right, though cemetary howling could have a revival in music world).

lol right i think we're on the same wavelength or wavelenght ...
I've always had this problem with the word lenght or is it length ?
this french-english dictionnary is 50 centimeters too far away for me to reach without making an effort so fuck it :)

Originally posted by pagan2002
there can be no solution.
there can be no victory.
there is nothing we can really do about it.
its actually world war 3 but no-one is calling it that.
its because of thousands of years of corruption,evil and very bad religions.
george bush is not calling the shots. no way. he is a figurehead.
it will end in a nuclear terrorist attack that will escalate.
they already have the bombs, they got them when the USSR broke up.
we are all fucked.
have a nice day.

that's how it goes..but the last line :err:

Ok... I'm relly involved in political issues these days and try to do whatever I can about it. Most of here have good points. Indeed Bush is not calling the shots. Indeed religions are crap and cause all this suffering between Christians-Muslims-Jews. Indeed we can't do much. But we CAN protest. Can this lead anywhere? Well, if nobody had protested Bush and co. would be bombing right now already... To be a bit philosophical here, cos you have to in this case, we must understand that man is not perfect. Greed, power for authority, egoism, trying to be above others and tons of other negative traits are embodied in humans. We can't change that. Unfortunately, it's human nature. If you ask me, God did a very bad job when he created humans and left them to rule the planet. The thing is that humans can suppress these traits and try to be a bit positive. In this case, (US policy) we don't have that. The more you get, the more you want. It won't stop. We get paid 10$ one day, the next we want 20$. And the next 30$. It's called greed and once you are exposed to it there's no turning back. Megalomania, thinking high of yourself and all that are part of the same thing. The flaw of man. All these things are direcly connected to this war. The one in charge (US) is greedy and acts 1000% like that. No respect for the ones below 'em. And France an Germany and my little unimportant country will say OK because we depend our economical well being on the US. That's sad but true. The US can demolish the whole planet in a matter of hours. Again, sad but true. Can you go against that? Yes. You can protest at least in some sort of way. Will it work? Maybe not, but so what? Try it out. It won't harm you, right? I'm just sayin', you can't sit back and relax. Today Iraq, tomorrow you. It's fuckin' scary but it's true....

I just hope for this world domination of one to end... The only way some prosperity can come... I'm shutting up now...

There is no God. Man invented God so he can feel safe and protected because he is weak... And if God exists, he is not benevolent at all...

BTW, forget all these economy and accounting classses most of you attend at the uni, so you can learn how to make money by destroying the poor, and read some philosophy. Maybe the only way to escape ignorance... It helped me at least...

:( humanity is doomed. has always been. if this isn't it, then it'll just come another day. we're all fucked anyway so just sit back and enjoy the ride. and hope for front row seats.

Originally posted by cedarbreed
Goddamn this thread is getting so depressive ! I know it's all about doom metal ,sadness and weeping in the forest by moonlight but why don't we Carpe Diem a little and have a little fun injection ... look for instance what if we changed this 'WAR THREAD' into ' WAR AGAINST OPETH FORUM THREAD' again ! twas so funny last time ...
I know what you gonna say ... so i'll let you carry on weeping by moonlight in the haunted wood cemetary ...

WAR against the Opeth forum??? Where? When? I'm with you, yes it was damn fun!!! Bambi would certainly join, and we need Dunc back on the front, our Saviour!

Originally posted by Morpheus
WAR against the Opeth forum??? Where? When? I'm with you, yes it was damn fun!!! Bambi would certainly join, and we need Dunc back on the front, our Saviour!

BRING BACK THE TROOPSSSSSSSS
LOCK N LOADDDDDDDDDDDD

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
From my dead heavy guitar, I'm a pussy you know

you sissy ;p

be very carefull with your shoulders, try much to play with the wrist , that's my teknik ... you don't have to ill-treat your shoulder this way to play guitar ;)