The welcome to UMOS thread.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I have seen a lot of newbies to our forum lately. Few posts but nice messages so far, and therefore I want to welcome them to our loonatorium, and I will like them to introduce themselves to the gang. :wave:

Whoops was I supposed to introduce myself first before jumping right on in here!!! Oh dear, sorry then. I did introduce myself properly to the Saxon board cos this was the reason I joined but a few days ago I just stumbled across someone's post on here about Rush and thought I'd stick my two pence in as well.

Ok well I'll introduce myself to youse all then. My name's Sheena and I live about 8 miles outside Glasgow in a town called Paisley which is pretty boring. We used to have about 4 rock pubs here but they all closed down a few years ago but one of those pubs opened back up about a year ago and they have bands on 4 times a week plus Saturday and Sunday afternoons as well, so that's quite a good place to go to but I usually head into Glasgow at the weekend, plenty of good rock pubs there. My favourite things to do are going to gigs, going to the pub and going to the cinema. In fact thats about all I like doing. Music wise I'm still heavily into NWOBHM and I think I always will be - other bands I adore are Rush, Budgie, Zep, Sabbath, AC/DC, Floyd, Krokus, UFO, Purple, Hendrix, Hawkwind, Scorpions, Rainbow, Great White, Blackfoot, Drive-by Truckers, Dragonforce etc.

Best concert of all time - Rush 30th Anniversary Tour last September in Glasgow, it was sensational!!

I've got a few bands that I'm seeing quite soon:-

10 Dec - Magnum
28 Dec - AB/CD (tribute band haha)
mid Jan - Thunder and Roadstar
30 Jan - Dragonforce
Feb - Nazareth and Blitzkrieg
30 March - The Australian Pink Floyd

That's all that's been marked in my rock n roll diary for just now but I'm sure there will be plenty more concerts getting announced that I'll be checking out. Love live rock n roll!!!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Feb - Nazareth and Blitzkrieg

Welcome to the board (I know I bit late :p ) and stop making me drool...Naz live in Glasgow :yell: :yell: :yell: :erk: (damn my luck!)

In naycase congratulations on your splendid taste in music and judging by your recent posts I know you will make a neat addition to the tribe ;)

NP: Bruce Dickinson - 'Navigate The Seas Of The Sun'

I did introduce myself properly to the Saxon board cos this was the reason I joined but a few days ago I just stumbled across someone's post on here about Rush and thought I'd stick my two pence in as well.
That's how I found this place one year ago, princess. I had originally signed up to post on the Orphaned Land message board, but traffic was slow there so I started exploring other UM boards. I immediately found a home here at UMOS and was welcomed with open arms (by most anyway!). I haven't left since, it's my fave message board of all time.

That's the coolest thing about what Deron has accomplished here at Ultimate Metal. He's got a TON of great bands all hosted at the same place. It's easy for metal fans to find a home somewhere on here, no matter what their tastes might be or how they got here.

NP: Deadsoul Tribe - The Dead Word

Wyvern said:
I have seen a lot of newbies to our forum lately. Few posts but nice messages so far, and therefore I want to welcome them to our loonatorium, and I will like them to introduce themselves to the gang. :wave:

What a great thread Brother Vern !! You rock !! Welcome all newbies !! We only call people newbies for a year or so, so show your faces around here for us. >:p~

Bryant

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I had originally signed up to post on the Orphaned Land message board, but traffic was slow there so I started exploring other UM boards.

Same with the Saxon board as well - it used to be really busy with loads of posts and especially about a month ago in the run-up to the concert, there was plenty of activity there but it's all gone really quiet over the past few weeks, so that's why I've been over boring you all with my endless talk of NWOBHM!!!!!!!

kittybeast said:
eductaional. are you sure about that?!?!?:tickled:

:loco: :p My damn fingers are all messed up with the change of seasons. Not only that but I fried a keyboard here at work and the replacement has a sticky space bar so I have to go back through everything I type and make sure all the spaces are where they ought to be. :yell:

Ok well I'll introduce myself to youse all then. My name's Sheena and I live about 8 miles outside Glasgow in a town called Paisley which is pretty boring.

Welcome!

Music wise I'm still heavily into NWOBHM and I think I always will be - other bands I adore are Rush, Budgie, Zep, Sabbath, AC/DC, Floyd, Krokus, UFO, Purple, Hendrix, Hawkwind, Scorpions, Rainbow, Great White, Blackfoot, Drive-by Truckers, Dragonforce etc.

You'll have fun in here then.

Love live rock n roll!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
That's how I found this place one year ago, princess. I had originally signed up to post on the Orphaned Land message board, but traffic was slow there so I started exploring other UM boards. I immediately found a home here at UMOS and was welcomed with open arms (by most anyway!). NP: Deadsoul Tribe - The Dead Word

You weren't opened with welcome arms by me. Not by me !! No way !! I think you suck bullfrog's asses personally. Carry your lame ass over to the GM forum or go play in the traffic !! :D Ha ha ha you know you rule TSO !! It has been a true pleasure talking with you over the past year !! You are officially not a Nooob anymore. :loco:

Bryant