The "we're not gonna make it" thread for PPVIII

pollution

Yes,they call me Aki too.
Jul 18, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Since the "which person you are excited to see" thread already has a few posts with people informing they won't make it this year I figured it'd be a good idea to have a thread of its own for that.

Not all of you hang out at the chatroom so I guess this thread shall just go as a virtual hello to everyone I know and will miss - others missing the fest this year could use the thread for the same purpose.

So now I can definitely say I am going to miss the festival this year, just started a new job 3 days ago and the move to Helsinki for the job 3 weeks ago cost way too much also :mad: (big thanks to everyone who was anyway trying to figure out a way for me to come!). Would have been the 5th year in a row for me to make the pilgrimage over the pond - sucks SO much to miss it. The lineup really is great.. but especially now that I really know I am going to miss it, I totally feel like I am going to miss hanging out with everyone I know so much more than seeing the bands.

As the year wouldn't feel complete without a PP I am still hoping I could make it to Copenhagen for PP Scandinavia in November and meet up with at least a few of PPUSA regulars over there! Some made it over to Finland this summer also and hopefully some will make it over winter time too (oh come on, it's not THAT cold hehe) :)

Well this really sucks bad, I was so hoping to see you again and have you meet my daughter, as she really wanted to meet you Aki. Damn It just won't be the same without you.

But on a happier note, I am going to try for the PP Scandinavia. So we may just see each other, and also my company is in talks with you gov't about some work in Finland, and it's a 95% done deal, hell yeah I volunteered to come over and help get it started. And they said "Really, you want to go to Finland in January?" I said hell yeah. So I may see you then also.

Shit, no Bear, No Aki, No Whisper! We'll raise a glass or two in your honor Aki,
Hope we get to see you next year! Congrats on the new job, as well.
*(Actually, I know that you're frightened of the Swedes coming back this year, and that's why you won't be here!:heh: )

Seriously? No Aki?! :cry: Well at least you have a cool new home and job in an amazing city!
We'll all just have to come visit YOU then :)

John, that's totally awesome about your job starting work in Finland! I'll give you snowshoes for Christmas :tickled:

Congrats and good luck with the new job and the move to Helsinki, Aki. I know how you feel, come Oct. it will feel like a part of me is missing not seeing all my PP friends and family. Tell everyone on the chat hello for me and that I'll make it back over there soon. With everything that has been going on, I haven't been on here - or online at all really - so I have neglected my chat room friends.

J-Dub, I am seriously gonna miss throwing a few back with ya brutha. Next year I will be back with a fuckin' vengeance.

As the year wouldn't feel complete without a PP I am still hoping I could make it to Copenhagen for PP Scandinavia in November and meet up with at least a few of PPUSA regulars over there! Some made it over to Finland this summer also and hopefully some will make it over winter time too (oh come on, it's not THAT cold hehe) :)
:(

You BETTER make it to Scandi!!

I'm not gonna be there this year (again!) dammit.

Had serious plans to move my ass to Atlanta once again, but with both PPusa and PPeurope in the same weekend it was a tough decision, Especially with After Forever playing. Being at every PP in Holland since it started back in '99 it's hard to miss this event so we choose to stay 'home'.

Well there's still PP scandinavia as well, so it's a good fall anyway ;)

For some reason Twisted Sister popped into my head when reading the thread title... I gotta hurry up and listen to something else to get that song replaced - and QUICK! :lol:

Aki & Gary - I'm also sorry to hear you won't make it to PP this year - and I should also apologize for being away from the chat for so many months now... hopefully life will slow down and I can rectify that situation soon.

I won't be going either, as most of the MD/VA/DC crew already knows. I spent my vacation money on the Dominican Republic in June, and I'm not interested in any of the bands this year, or at least not enough to justify the cost of ticket/plane/hotel/food.

Next year is always a possibility, though! :D

I won't be going either this year, the first one I am going to miss, been to them all since 2. I just started a new job, have a baby girl on the way close to when the festival is(can't leave my wife at home without me and I can't afford for us both to go), and plus with all the kickass bands touring now, I am not sure if I need to go anymore unless Glenn gets me Vintersorg or one of the few bands I still need to see, other than that, I am set.

For some reason Twisted Sister popped into my head when reading the thread title... I gotta hurry up and listen to something else to get that song replaced - and QUICK! :lol:

Aki & Gary - I'm also sorry to hear you won't make it to PP this year - and I should also apologize for being away from the chat for so many months now... hopefully life will slow down and I can rectify that situation soon.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only freak on here then, because the same thing popped into my head! :lol: You Can't Stop Rock N Roll is my favorite album by the SMF's. :headbang:

~Brian~

I have officially asked drew to sell off my gold badge ticket this year. I just don't have the finances or desire to charge them. I will be in next year though. I promise. There's too many of you I want to meet.