The_Q Will Not Be Attending ProgPower This Year!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
It is with sadness that I announce that I will not be attending the show this year. As in years past I tried to make it work but this year the cards were stacked against me. Instead of one or two obstacles to overcome its turned in to 5 or 6. However, not going this year drives me to definitely be in attendance next year. I will miss all my friends that I have made over the years and the new ones I wanted to meet this year. I'm sure you all will have a fabulous time and I can't wait to hear how it went. All the best!

-Sean (AKA The_Q)

So, you're co-sponsoring a band and not coming? That's truly kvlt, in a Jim Raggi/LotFP way. :worship:

Sorry to hear you can't come! This means that someone else will have to spearhead the stairway-taping operations for ProgPower.....
--Although I noticed, when I was at Center Stage recently for a show, there was PLENTY of tape on the stairways.

Yep, but it didn't start out this way. I agreed to co-sponsor a band after PP last year. I just in the last two weeks found out that I wouldn't be able to go. A promise is a promise,

Hey Sean! Greg and I will not be attending this year either because of circumstances beyond our control. We will miss everyone so much but should be able to attend next year.
Love Ya!
Cindy/LuCinda

Yep, but it didn't start out this way. I agreed to co-sponsor a band after PP last year. I just in the last two weeks found out that I wouldn't be able to go. A promise is a promise,

You haved showed a lot of class my friend, even not going still sponsoring. My hat is off to you, and i for will miss you especially during the sponsors tour Glenn gives us.

You haved showed a lot of class my friend, even not going still sponsoring. My hat is off to you, and i for will miss you especially during the sponsors tour Glenn gives us.

Agreed on both counts. A promise is a promise, and even if something happened and I wasn't able to attend, I'd still honor my promise to Glenn.*

I wasn't needling you or anything, Sean; I was referring back to the very first time a sponsor had sponsored a band (Wuthering Heights) and then couldn't attend (since he was by that point, in Finland...and still is). At the time we kidded Jim R. about it, but since then it's happened a couple of times. :mad:

-=-=-=-
* besides, the check's already in the mail
:)

It is with sadness that I announce that I will not be attending the show this year. As in years past I tried to make it work but this year the cards were stacked against me. Instead of one or two obstacles to overcome its turned in to 5 or 6. However, not going this year drives me to definitely be in attendance next year. I will miss all my friends that I have made over the years and the new ones I wanted to meet this year. I'm sure you all will have a fabulous time and I can't wait to hear how it went. All the best!

-Sean (AKA The_Q)
Sorry you can't make it this year but thanks so much for sponsoring Iron Savior!:headbang::kickass:

Hey Sean! Greg and I will not be attending this year either because of circumstances beyond our control. We will miss everyone so much but should be able to attend next year.
Love Ya!
Cindy/LuCinda
Wow, a triple disappointment. Knew about Sean and was sorry about that and now you guys. :cry: Something will be missing.

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to attend Sean, same to Cindy and Greg. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you that by some bizarre twist of fate you guys can make it somehow...

Babs (whose been on the PP fence before of never knowing if she'd be there or not - so she can relate).

All'z I gotta say...

...is the boss better not screw with ya next year or heads will roll!!!

And by "Boss", I mean a very general, non-specific, including-wives-girlfriends-sons-daughters-parents-Cubans-axles-sandwiches-beer-Jello-aluminum description of whatever is the cause of your misfortunes.

Wow, a triple disappointment. Knew about Sean and was sorry about that and now you guys. :cry: Something will be missing.

How did you know I wasn't coming? I hadn't told anyone? Hmmm...methinks Anne Marie has ESP or the_q has the first stage of Alzheimers!

I wasn't needling you or anything, Sean; I was referring back to the very first time a sponsor had sponsored a band (Wuthering Heights) and then couldn't attend (since he was by that point, in Finland...and still is).

Technically, I was supposed to be in Finland by the time ProgPower rolled around, but wasn't yet. But I was already out of Atlanta. I did get to go to next year's ProgPower free of charge though. ORPHANED LAND!