I will not be attending this year

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I have been contemplating how to word this right. I didn't want people wondering or thinking the worst so I thought I would just put it out there for those who know me. As you may or may not know I received a kidney/ pancreas transplant two days after returning from Progpower last year (September 16th). Everything was fine until mid February when the kidney started slowly going south. Fast forward to today and I am unfortunately back on dialysis. Thats the bad part which really isn't compared to what is to follow. My pancreas is 100% (no Diabetes) and is the healthiest pancreas they have seen in a while. I am on track to have two surgeries within two months. One on July 13th to remove the bad kidney. The other will be a new transplant from a live donor friend I have that was worked up before the double last year. So things are definitely bright in my future. However I cannot plan any travel in the event that they need me to do something. I am hoping to see all of you next year. And i want to hear stories and see pics dammit or heads are going to roll!

Damn. Glad to hear you're able to get the problem solved, though bummer that you'll have to miss the fest. Congratulations on your pancreas! :)

Damn that sucks Sean that you can't be there, but I am so glad things are looking up Health wise, we will raise a toast and sing a song to you, and pray all goes well.

Damn that sucks Sean that you can't be there, but I am so glad things are looking up Health wise, we will raise a toast and sing a song to you, and pray all goes well.

Thanks J-man. Just make sure its a metal song and not The Backstreet Boys or Lady Gaga on the jukebox LOL

Well, PP won't be the same without you, but it's very good that you'll be able to get that misbehaving kidney replaced so soon. Hope everything goes smoothly and that you'll be back to a life of no dialysis for good! Glad the pancreas is working so well too. Hang in there!

Will miss hassling you @ PPUSA, Sean. I hope everything goes well for you, and I'm very glad that the other half of the surgery is doing so well. We'll miss you this year, and hope to see you in 2011!

Ah Shit ... it's a bummer the new kidney didn't work out like a jewel, At least it sounds like a game plan is in place to get you back up and running again with a brand spankin' new one. Hopefully stuff will work out for you, Sean. Sorry you'll miss Prog Power, but your health is of much more concern. Get well, and we'll se you next year.

Britt

Sorry to hear you won;t be attending but glad to hear your health is improving. Please take care of yourself, that's all that matters right now!!