The 'what are you listening to?' thread

There's a couple of KEY listens going on for me at the moment..

Testament - TFOD
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
New Trivum - (Not really enjoying this one though) EDIT: on further inspection... These are loafers... And this album is actually damn good overall

Wow, wasn't expecting Nightwish Chris. Do you listen to much prog/ power/ symphonic metal?

Haha. naww, pinned mee to the Death metal sub genre did ya??
I'd be lying if I said Tristania, Sirenia, Within Temptation or similar wasn't sneaking into my regular airplay!

And... lot's of power metal lol. But those are my 'happy' metal.. it's like my Top 40 metal of the collection so to speak. It's just great to kick back and enjoy without over thinking most of it. I don't enjoy playing that style of metal so I don't take notes all the while listening to it. I just switch off and enjoy :)

Been rocking this album a heap lately :

Ben Folds Five: Whatever and Ever Amen
Also happens to be an Andy Wallace mix, which is no surprise, since it the bass guitar tone is rather cool.

Not really sure if it's to the taste of many of the Sneap forumites, but I've loved this album for ages.
I didn't listen to it for years after my sister moved out of home (she turned me onto their music), and just started listening to it again recently and being older, I really really appreciate the sheer amount of talent displayed in their music. Really fantastic playing from the whole band.

Last edited by a moderator: