The "What are you REALLY thinking about?" thread

That is...odd to say the least, have you tried reinstalling? I know that if you use some sort of downloading tool, if you use the pause feature or if the connection drops to zero all of a sudden (like if you're on a wireless network), then the file may lose information - hence not install correctly.

Reinstalling was the first thing I tried, even installed the new 2.0 now but it's still happening. I even cleaned my entire registry of keys related to firefox before I reinstalled and it's still freezing. I think there's a conflict between multiple processes. I think I'm gonna try safe mode next

Reinstalling was the first thing I tried, even installed the new 2.0 now but it's still happening. I even cleaned my entire registry of keys related to firefox before I reinstalled and it's still freezing. I think there's a conflict between multiple processes. I think I'm gonna try safe mode next

Remove the firefox profile. Assuming you're using XP, Its found in:
Code:
c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\<randomtext>.default
Remove the profile folder itself. Firefox will create a whole new profile and settings set when it is started the next time.

Damn, I wouldn't reformat...but that is me - good luck mang.

yeah, I'm looking up to the idea as well but I can't keep using IE forever. FF > all

Remove the firefox profile. Assuming you're using XP, Its found in:
Code:
c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\<randomtext>.default
Remove the profile folder itself. Firefox will create a whole new profile and settings set when it is started the next time.

tried that, I even cleared out my whole registry

It started freezing with the older version but I fixed it :)

just forgot to reboot when deleting the mozilla keys from HKEY local machine in my registry, dumb microsoft

everything running smootly again :D