The White Wizzard drama...

Does their name actually offend you or are you making a joke? Because I'm willing to bet that they picked the name more for its alliteration qualities than whatever prejudice towards "folk of colour" the members have. I could be wrong though. Maybe What Wizzard is a vehicle of hatred steered by their bassist, which may explain their revolving door of members. Now that think about it, last time I saw Holy Grail, the band were entirely made up of latino dudes. It all makes sense now.

The name does suggest - however coincidentally - a connection with the KKK, with their white sheets and wizard/warlock/etc. titles. I've had some non-metal friends ask me about it before when I'd mention seeing them live.

And I'm pretty sure Holy Grail has had the same lineup in place since the debut EP - the first WW castoffs plus a new bassist.

Does their name actually offend you or are you making a joke? Because I'm willing to bet that they picked the name more for its alliteration qualities than whatever prejudice towards "folk of colour" the members have. I could be wrong though. Maybe What Wizzard is a vehicle of hatred steered by their bassist, which may explain their revolving door of members. Now that think about it, last time I saw Holy Grail, the band were entirely made up of latino dudes. It all makes sense now.

Dude, that was posted by Zod. :lol: I don't think he'd be offended even if the band was called "General Zod is a Bitch". :lol::lol:

I've seen this band four times live. They've had a different vocalist every time. Seriously. I think they're a decent band on CD, but if Jon Leon is so difficult to work with, I have no idea how anyone would willingly join.

Now that think about it, last time I saw Holy Grail, the band were entirely made up of latino dudes. It all makes sense now.

2 out of 5 are Latino, of which one (James Luna) was in White Wizzard (Eli Santana joined after the split).

I'm just guessing - I'm pretty sure that Meahl, Mount, and LaRue aren't Latino names. :)

Hey isn't this dude referred to as "the white wizard"? I know he is gay but still could be racist. Um, Gandalf did only hang out with little white dudes and he had issue with folks of other color, other species for that matter. Maybe Gandalf is a card carrying klan member.

See now that was pretty stupid just like one even asking, assuming, or making dumb jokes. Never would the KKK be the first thing I would have thought of. But maybe it is true, perhaps they are just in a long line of racist bands; White Witch, White Sister, White Heat, Vanilla Fudge.

As for White Wizard from the beginning something has always stuck me odd about that band; I was pulled in for a second but then it just seemed like it was very manufactured. Most admit though, the last album kind of kicks ass.

Next chapter in said drama: "White Wizzard Splits with Earache Records"

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=96328

"Excited to announce that we will be going independent and we have mutually parted company with Earache records. We wish them the best.

"This has been a decision made before the tour over the past couple of months. I appreciate the initial interest in White Wizzard and hope other bands that are with them do well. I am currently in the process of forming my own record label which shall be called White Wizzard records. I plan to form a couple of other projects next year.

"The guys in the band will now have an actual vested interest in making some $ from album sales and our merchandise which is fantastic. I will be releasing a blog soon with some advice on record labels and how I think most bands should avoid that road and the pros and cons. One silver lining is we have had some great singers come forward with interest and I think we should be announcing someone within a few days, and I wrote a song I am excited about yesterday and am about to get on a writing tear I believe.

"While guys that have been fired by me that have an agenda will continue to spew nonsense and lies trying to stir the pot and hurt the band, I will continue to write songs and put out music. We will not keep the shit flying back and forth. We will just wish them well and get on with it. I know the music is what counts and it is why I got into this, not for the dumb shit. The fans do not want to hear the crap, they want to hear good songs.

"In the end the truth is on our side and our intentions are nothing more than to make great music. Here is to a positive outlook in the coming months."

What a tool

To summarize for those who believe in his statement about "mutually parting ways"...

Earache Records dropped them because of the bullshit.

This is beyond pathetic...

Now, I think the name White Wizzard should be buried and not being heard of again... If the remaining member wants to go on, he should use a different name and start all over again...