the wizard

Jan 4, 2004
just in case you guys haven't heard it yet.... the jap bonus from melancholy beast

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4kQCkC_r2s&feature=related[/ame]

I actually finally got my hands on the Japanese version of Melancholy Beast a few weeks ago. Good timing!:lol: I've got to say that The Wizard is a pretty kick ass song that easily fits in with the rest of the songs on the album :headbang:. I was pretty surprised actually since most of the time when a band has a bonus track it's not up to the level of the rest of the songs, but that definitely isn't the case with you guys!

I did not know that song yet, thanx Jonah! :kickass:

Another pyramazing song, like the other 29 songs that I know! :) So there's just one more left that I don't know, Flame And Retribution...

Thank you so much Jonah, been aching to hear this for an eternity! I just couldn't get my hands on the japanese version... Anyway, amazing song, I think it already reflects the step you took towards Legend of the Bone Carver. The soundscape is definitely from Melancholy Beast, but somehow the songwriting still reminds me of your second album. You continue to amaze me again and again. Now, I only have one request.

COME TO PLAY A GIG IN FINLAND. YOU CAN LIVE ON OUR BALCONY. AND PLAY IN OUR BACKYARD. YES.

On a serious note though, I really do hope you could make it here during the (hopefully) upcoming tour. And as a sidenote, please play at a venue which doesn't have an age limit of 18, I'd be crushed if that'd be the case. Actually, I'd probably decapitate the bouncer if he stopped me from entering. So no matter after all.

Idea: Wouldn't that be a great opportunity to get Urban in? Just remaster this great song with his vocals. I'm pretty sure that you guys still have the records of the instruments. So remastering shouldn't be that pain of an effort (if his vocals fit, which I take for given).
But if you feel like this would be too much the iced earth way of introducing a singer, I won't complain. He sure has enough potential for own/new tracks.

Really great song anyway. You won't like to hear it, but it really makes me missing Lance.

Amazing song. This was the first time I heard it, and it's definately on par with the the other songs on MB, your best fucking album! :)