Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Wrath

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Pride

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Lust

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
it's hard to separate the concept of the seven deadly sins from the religious sphere (the reduction of their number to 7 was made by a pope, and the main dissertations on the issue are by theologicians and people belonging to the church hierarchy anyway, etc); that's the reason why, imo, to include religion among that category is a nonsense.

i'm not religious, but i don't think "all religion should be gone". mainly because we should define what we mean with "all religion" (organized? personal belief?) and i don't think something can prove they do more wrong than good. i don't want to seem rude, but i think that's a pretty limited view.

:lol:@your signature

I would say Vanity (Pride). Simply becuase I believe vanity can easily become extreme and that vanity begets all of the other sins:

Greed: For Yourself.
Sloth: Too lazy to do anything, except, perhaps, for yourself (When it comes down to it).
Lust: For yourself.
Wrath: Unleashed to placate your emotions.
Envy: Wanting what another has...for yourself.
Gluttony: Well, for lack of a better description, wanting food for yourself.
Pride: Yourself, yourself, yourself.

This is only my opinion.

Originally posted by mourningstar

i'm not religious, but i don't think "all religion should be gone". mainly because we should define what we mean with "all religion" (organized? personal belief?) and i don't think something can prove they do more wrong than good. i don't want to seem rude, but i think that's a pretty limited view.

:lol:@your signature

I agree with you on this one.I don't think religion is bad at all,the interpretations people make of it are the bad ones.
Personal belief and believing in god in your own way is not bad,if you fall for a stupid interpretation of any religion and make it even worst then that's what's wrong

i voted for sloth.
the best part of this poll is it turns out we, the mean-minded metallers, have next to nothing against hating people because of their accomplishments, wanting to punch them in the face and steal their girl/boyfriends to have mad passionate sex. :)

btw, religion = organized structure; faith = personal belief. there's not much more left for us to define, as far as i know.

rahvin.

Yeah I meant, faith is good..
But religions, like, what they people organize.. Like.. Erm Going to churches for example, being indoctrined by the Pope, who says you cant use the pill, even when you're raped by some soldier ( :mad: was ..one year ago or so, Yugoslavia?) no no
See
Aaaaaaaaargh I cant get out of my words!
giving people something to believe in is good, I think.
Giving them some structure, moral, some ethic can be good.
Is good.
I dunno.
I take that remark about religions back. You're right, its stupid.
It's just that I myself dont believe in anything.
When I find my words back, I'll post again.

*goes on dictionary hunt*

thank you for the explanation, wazoo; after that, i'm more on your side. :) (even if, if compared to what other religions or pseudo religions dare to say, what the pope say is really nothing).

lol, when i read "going to churches" i tried to relate that with something that, as you said in your previous post, does more wrong than good, and i imagined old and fragile ladies coming out the church determined to destroy the world armed with umbrellas. what a funny image *clown*

most deadly sin is not on the list.
and its : cruelty. also am not taking
any religions as stand for definition of sins.