the_preppy gave me AIDS

oh HAH i just remembered i dreamed about that plastic baby last night! i had to bring a baby in to some event and i had shirked my duties and hadn't procured one and so as i was on my way out the door i had an AHA moment and brought the plastic "life like" baby and was like "gee i hope this one counts!"

i don't remember much more of the dream, though.

every day this week. the receptionist has been answering phones for a good portion of the day and just complained that she had "hit a wall" and needed to go for a walk because she has been up since 4:30am. meanwhile i was all tried this morning from having gotten in at midnight today yet i had an energy bar and a large tea and i have been on my feet all day helping these people left and right.

that and she keeps wanting to talk to me about The Darkness cd she got her husband for Christmas and play it for me because according to her "I've just got to know what Greg thinks of this cd." Well guess what..."NO YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW WHAT I THINK BECAUSE IT WILL PROBABLY OFFEND YOU."

end of greggy's rant.

back to work...

Baliset said:
that and she keeps wanting to talk to me about The Darkness cd she got her husband for Christmas and play it for me because according to her "I've just got to know what Greg thinks of this cd." Well guess what..."NO YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW WHAT I THINK BECAUSE IT WILL PROBABLY OFFEND YOU."
Come on, Greg, you don't like The Darkness? I swear, I've been rocking out to "A Thing Called Love" like nobody's business recently. The video cracks me up, and I decided to learn to play it so that my friends and I can be all pseudo-Queen/Led Zep-acting in real life!

The video does indeed incorporate some of my favorite effects which are space squid who attack a miniature space ship, edited film of an angry crab tossing a rock at a strung out English singer, and of course coordinated over head clapping coupled with falsetto singing at obscene pitches. A band capable of utilizing such time honored film traditions as bad special effects deserves at least a listen, if not your delirious adulation.

Sincerely,
A Tentacle from the Video

ok look. its actually not that i have a problem with the band. i know they are gimmicky and to be honest i do think their songs are ok. i guess i just don't care enough to want top hold a discussion with our receptionist on the subject of The Darkness because she has already asked me about them and i told her they were ok but in my mind were just kind of like a gimmick but to try and engage me in a further discussion would probably lead me to say something really mean about them so that she might feel shitty about asking me and never bother me again.