Theocracy Playing Progpower 2014!

My favorite quote:

Matt, who's the got the "frontman pumping up the crowd" thing down, is leading the crowd sing-along. After one round of it, he gives the crowd the "so-so" sign to indicate that we need to be louder on the next try. On the next round, we nail it and it's time to praise us. While most frontmen would include the F-word in that praise ("F' yeah!" or "You guys f'ing nailed it!"), Matt yells "Very nice!!!"

I love this band! :D

The show was nothing short of amazing!
I can say with confidence that it was the best show I have ever been to.
I got to meet with most of the band during the VIP time, and got some stuff signed. Then I jumped up on the front and center rail to solidify my spot.
Vangough was a pretty great opener, and helped me get my groove going. If you haven't heard of them before, they are pretty great. Definitely a progressive band, but they have some pretty great breakdowns/riffs as well.

Due to there being little to no monitors on the stage (everybody had IEMs) those of us on the front row couldnt hear much of the vocal mix.
THAT DIDNT MATTER A BIT.
It didnt stop me from screaming every single word of every song and jumping up and down like a schoolgirl for the whole show. I hope you guys weren't trying to film because I would have definitely been in the way. After the show I had no voice, but it was 100% worth it.
What I liked the most was the bass heaviness I was able to hear through the mix. Being a bass guy myself it was super awesome to hear my favorite songs with the bass punching me in the face.

The whole band had a great amount on energy on the stage, and the goofing off and smiles and stuff just made it even better. As Jason said before, the other 2 bands of the night were prog, so Theocracy brought along the power! So many great breakdowns, and during each one I turned around to see how the rest of the crowd was reacting and the whole room was losing it! It was great. Thanks for an epic night guys.

Shoutout to Patrick for tossing me some sticks! And for hanging out afterwards at the courtyard a couple nights. I look forward to hanging out next year again. It was crazy that I had talked to your dad earlier in the fest and even given him a pick I caught during Overkill...that just blew my mind and was so cool to see father-son united in metalheadedness.

I was able to see Matt a couple of more times walking around the mezz and even got a picture with him. Thanks Matt!

I hope you guys tour again soon or play some more shows, It was awesome.

Memorable quote of the night: Matt (possibly intentionally) drops the mic violently on the stage. Guy beside me, " He just layed that microphone to rest". I died.

Hey bud! I just got settled back in SC so I haven't been posting on the forums for a few days.

It was great to meet you too! I was really pleased with the energy for my first show with the guys. One of the things I wanted to bring to the band was that live energy. I was a bit shielded by the drums, but seeing the front row (I remembered seeing you specifically, which was why I gave you my drum sticks from the show) fist pumping and singing was awesome. Despite the so-so sound at times (I couldn't tell, but that was the feedback I received from the majority of people over the weekend at PP USA), I think my first show with the guys went very well.

I'm glad you got to meet my dad and be up front with him for Overkill! I'm a big power/prog metal guy, but I also like my classic thrash metal like my dad. We've seen Overkill live many times, and they haven't disappointed yet. I ended up holding down the mosh pit most of the time lol just happened to form right behind me.

I have to say, I haven't been the biggest fan of Gift of Music live. But being new to the band, I knew it was a live staple for them so I deferred to them. But after this last show I have been won over because it was a high point in the set. I typically get better as the set goes on, so most of the high points for me were towards the end of the set list (Gift, Demon, and I AM). I am with you though - Demon was my favorite for the night. I wasn't paying attention to the house music, so I missed Serpent's Kiss if it was being played.

I remember that microphone stand falling, but I missed that quote hahaha!

No shows planned currently. We spent most of the summer rehearsing the special set for Denver and then PP USA. I forsee us working on new material after this now that I am familiar with the discography, and then see what show offers come in. I am ready to get to work.

labarum, no I didn't see you or SeaStorm. I would for sure have said hello if I had. SeaStorm I'm so glad you made it down for the show Wednesday. Sounds like yall had a great time. I heard only good reviews from other people I talked to over the weekend.
I was not able to make it to town until late Thursday so I was only there Friday and Saturday. I met Patrick on Friday and spoke with Matt on Saturday so that made me very happy even though I had to miss their set Wednesday.