Theocracy @ The Masquerade March 12, 2010

Theocracy is EPIC!
YES (and it's the ONLY Christian metal band my father "approves") ! I hope I could see them performing in France.
But almost no one listen to metal (they seems to prefer commercial things with repetitive or absent 'music' and lyrics like "we do what we want to do ! Take drugs, it's cool, get drunk every night, it's cool !"), and those who do only listen to well known non-Christian bands... so sad, I think I will never see them in France :(

YES (and it's the ONLY Christian metal band my father "approves") ! I hope I could see them performing in France.
But almost no one listen to metal (they seems to prefer commercial things with repetitive or absent 'music' and lyrics like "we do what we want to do ! Take drugs, it's cool, get drunk every night, it's cool !"), and those who do only listen to well known non-Christian bands... so sad, I think I will never see them in France :(

Isn't it like that everywhere? WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO? :erk::zombie:

Isn't it like that everywhere? WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO?
Is it the same thing in the U.S. ?!?!??

Where I live there isn't any well-known Christian band (since there aren't a lot of Christians here, or Christians who really do believe in God, and live as genuine Christians), the things which have success here are some "music" (for some of these this is only noise, not music :/) whose lyrics are... stupid and/or insultant. Some destroys opinions of those who listen to this music : because one or another artist criticizes some one (in politics for example) people also judge this person, and hate him/her, instead of praying for this person :/

A lot of Christian artists make better music with better lyrics, why aren't they famous ? Because they are Christians (and the World hate Christians), and because their music isn't made in purpose to make money first but for God first and the music then...

I hope bands such as Theocracy will be known here in France !

Is it the same thing in the U.S. ?!?!??

Where I live there isn't any well-known Christian band (since there aren't a lot of Christians here, or Christians who really do believe in God, and live as genuine Christians), the things which have success here are some "music" (for some of these this is only noise, not music :/) whose lyrics are... stupid and/or insultant. Some destroys opinions of those who listen to this music : because one or another artist criticizes some one (in politics for example) people also judge this person, and hate him/her, instead of praying for this person :/

A lot of Christian artists make better music with better lyrics, why aren't they famous ? Because they are Christians (and the World hate Christians), and because their music isn't made in purpose to make money first but for God first and the music then...

I hope bands such as Theocracy will be known here in France !

Isn't France more than 90% Catholic though? I remember learning that recently in my French class... I'm not Catholic myself, but I do respect them as Christians.
I do know that there's a pretty large underground Black Metal movement in France. Is that what you're talking about?
Right now in the States the most popular "metal" "music" is Metalcore. Just disgustingly riding on one chord the whole time and screaming, no complexity at all. But a big amount of metalcore and its relatives are made up of Christian bands... my brother's a big metalcore fan and he listens to lots of Christian music.

theocracy-masquerade-01.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-02.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-03.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-04.jpg

theocracy-masquerade-05.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-07.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-08.jpg

theocracy-masquerade-09.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-10.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-11.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-12.jpg

theocracy-masquerade-13.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-14.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-15.jpg
theocracy-masquerade-16.jpg

Esa, you never cease to amaze me! Thanks for once again somehow making us look good! :worship:

You guys look awesome! :headbang: looks like it was a good concert. Seriously epic looking pics. Great job Esa. :headbang: :headbang:

BTW guys... Theocracy was mentioned in the MAIN article for Power Metal on WIKIPEDIA. Nothing big but I'm surprised to see your name... Also look in Progressive metal. ANOTHER MENSION! Have alook:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_metal

Isn't France more than 90% Catholic though?

If it's anything like the catholicism in the French speaking parts of Switzerland, it's not a very active belief, more of a tradition. I know a good many people who on paper are catholics but actually are atheists.
In some parts (the canton of Valais in particular) the catholic church has a lot of power because of tradition and protestant or evangelical churches are actually suppressed by them, even though many of their members only visit the church out of tradition (many farmers, for example).

Switzerland is like France a Christian country on paper, but the reality of the situation is different.

If it's anything like the catholicism in the French speaking parts of Switzerland, it's not a very active belief, more of a tradition. I know a good many people who on paper are catholics but actually are atheists.
That's it :)