Theories of the Universe

Probably some crooked professor. I've heard many times we evolved from Monkeys (or ape-like mammals). It's been shoved down my throat 23 years (whether it's true or not). It was what I learned about in Biology in High School. That thing is like a cross between a cat & a monkey. I don't think I buy it, but you guys can have your beliefs & I will have mine.

Look, it all depends on where on the evolutionary line you're talking about obviously. Just because we evolved from ape-like ancestors doesn't mean we also didn't evolve from something else that came before that. Just not directly.

Probably some crooked professor. I've heard many times we evolved from Monkeys (or ape-like mammals). It's been shoved down my throat 23 years (whether it's true or not). It was what I learned about in Biology in High School. That thing is like a cross between a cat & a monkey. I don't think I buy it, but you guys can have your beliefs & I will have mine.

435_archaea.jpg

In response to "whats outside out universe?" question on the last page, I listen to the Astronomy Cast podcast every week and they tried to answer it in episode #28. A whole 30 minutes talking about it. Give it a listen, its free and very interesting. They also have a bunch of episodes in which they discuss the beginning of the universe.

But basically they say that question doesn't make sense, because all we know that exists is within our universe. There would be no time or space outside which means it doesn't exist.

I just listened to it and it answered a lot of questions for me. A bit overloading at the end with all that quantum jargon.

Here's the link to the stream.

http://www.astronomycast.com/astronomy/episode-28-what-is-the-universe-expanding-into/