There for me download

spatch

Nov 20, 2003
London Uk
I was just on the laser edge web site and came across a download from the new CD called There For Me, sounds great!!! Not long to wait either for A Fragile Mind
Spatch

I was really excited to see the download available as well. I was just cruising the net to find bands I haven't heard since my computer has been down for about a month. I would say a very pleasant surprise.

The new singer sounds pretty good, I would like to hear the other songs to get a better idea of his range

The music is very heavy and had a breakdown sounding very self titled-ish

I have one question. Does the rest of the album have similar song structure (to "there for me") or is it similar to Towers of Avarice or is it a mix?

"A Fragile Mind" is a mix of both Towers and Metamorphosis. We didn't go in thinking it would come out that way, it just did.

There's 2 other songs like "There For Me" but the rest is more in the Towers vibe I would say. (Yet it has warmth to it) "There for Me" and Brain Surgery" are HEAVY, straight to the point tunes while "Destiny is Sorrow" and "A Fragile Mind" have everything put into one. Has the progressive pattern where it's Very lush and melodic with the cleans but has the Heavy-on going technical, odd-time patterns running through the drums, bass and guitars.

Thanks so much for checking out "There for ME" and look forward to you hearing the whole CD.

All the best.

Jasun/ZH

*drooling*

omg omg omg omg omg thanx for the info!!!!!

Like I have said previously, been waiting on this disc since chatting with Troy about it WAY BACK at the Slim's Porcupine Tree show in San Fran. Something like 3 years now (aug 2002 I believe!). Wonder how much of it then even made it in to the actual new disc?! Definitely not the then singer lol.

CAN"T WAIT TO HEAR THE WHOLE MASTERPIECE!

-Bryan

Are the other two songs similar to "There for Me" also in the 4-minute mark? I agree the song is really heavy, but except for the technical solo in the middle, the song pretty much revolves around the same guitar-bass rhythm pattern. Not as much variety as I expected.

I hope there's more stuff similar to Towers, longer, drawn-out passages, etc.

There is plenty of Towers like material and you'll really be able to hear the dynamics of the CD with songs like "Destiny is Sorrow" and "A Fragile Mind".

Above I stated "There for me" is a HEAVY, STRAIGHT TO THE POINT song. So to me that means it's more straight forward oppose to the long chaotic, dynamic material. We've always had songs like "There for Me" on our other CD's like "Eyes of Denial", "Subterranean" along with songs that have a whole different vibe like "Reflections".

I could go into more detail but the CD will be out soon and you'll be able to hear the whole CD for yourself kat.

We appreciate everyone taking a listen to "There for Me" and sharing their comments.

Hope you enjoy the CD.

Jasun/ZH

Jasun:

I look forward to A Fragile Mind. I so want it to be one of the best things of 2005. It's been four long years since Towers, and I love it better with each spin to this day.

Apart from Zero Hour, Marty Friedman and Racer X, what bands has Dino Alden produced? His sound is so HUGE and makes ZH all the more amazing.

Wow!! Very Crushing opening riff! Great new vocalist!...pretty straight forward song structure(up to 2:23)...2:24 WOW! nice time change and progression...2:42 another nice time change...3:05 humm....nice atmosphere...very well done......the mix is ever-so-slightly muddy...the clarity of the mix is not as good as the last album...the guitars could use a bit more bite and high end...Overall...Awesome song! 9 out of 10...Can't wait for the album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

pretty cool song, has a nevermore vibe to it which is awesome of course, i admit i'm more of towers of avarice technical stuff fan, but the song sounds good, like it a lot, a solo there would be cool imo but no prob, curious to hear the more complex stuff eheh, towers is my fav prog record btw \m/
and my fears are gone, the new vocalist kicks ass too!

I loved the music and vocals, except the vox seemed a touch buried. The vox are strong and the new singer has a great voice, but the sound seems a little low volume-wise. I played around some with my EQ on my player as I listened and got a decent sound, but not great.

batmura said:
Btw - am I the only one who thinks the new singer sounds like a more evil version of Roy Khan? Great voice, but it's tough to judge based on one single song.

No way dude, i thought the same thing :) I like it a lot though!! Roy is one of my favorite singers, and this guy does have a pretty noticable resemblance. Especially in that chorus! It actually reminds me of The March Of Mephisto in a couple ways... just the overall feel and of course the vocals.

Anyway, good stuff, looking forward to this album! It's been too damn long since i've heard something new from Zero Hour!