THESE ARE THEY - Cover song online!

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
Hey guys,

Check it out!

To celebrate the American holiday, These Are They have released a cover version of the Soundgarden song, 4th of July. Covering this song is a bit of a departure from the bands death metal style, but there's no denying, it's still HEAVY.

This will be available on the debut full length "Who Linger" coming this October through Unruly Sounds / The End Records.

Expect to hear some original material between now and October as well.

Streaming from the band's MySpace page, here...

http://www.myspace.com/thesearetheychicago

Damn Paul!!!!!
Amazing vocals there dude.

You sure you don't want to reconsider doing some traditional doom vox?

I have never heard this song before, but do like some select Soundgarden.

I'd like to hear Paul do a sassy, braqssy, ballsy diva type album with some classic showtunes and obswcure 1920's pop songs.

If you observe the solo, Willey can also play guitar by banging a hand in a complete cast against the strings.

Glad to see this awesome song get recognition. Soundgarden's version is way better of course, but it's cool to see These Are They give it a shot. :)

Gee thanks... I think. :Smug:

I wasn't trying to insult your cover, please don't mistake what I said. It would be the same if Soundgarden tried covering a Novembers Doom song. They might do a cool version of it, but it won't be as good as the original. That's all I'm saying.

Quiet Riot's "Cum on Feel the Noize" is often hailed as something of an anthem. However, it's a cover of Slade(as are two of their other best songs). Is Mandy Patinkin's cover of "Over the Rainbow" crap because he isn't Judy Garland? Does Coltrane suck because his Favorite Things album doesn't include Julie Andrews? Many people who absolutely adore Nazareth's "This Flight Tonight" need to be told it's a cover. Hell, world renowned musicians/singers across all genres sing standards routinely.