THESE ARE THEY - Live at SXSW

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
We're proud to announce that THESE ARE THEY will be making our LIVE debut at this years South By Southwest festival (SXSW) in Austin, Texas on Thursday, March 19th, 2009. The performance will be part of The End Records showcase, and will take place at The Ale House. The address for The Ale House is 310 E 6 Old Pecan St., Austin, TX 78701.

Joining THESE ARE THEY that evening as a second guitarist is Larry Roberts of NOVEMBERS DOOM. Larry is helping out his friends, all in the name of METAL.

Be sure to check out the show, and witness THESE ARE THEY live for the first time!

*** WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! Friends and fans of Novembers Doom, add THESE ARE THEY to your MySpace friends list!***

http://www.myspace.com/thesearetheychicago

I think the newer songs that they've written are even better than "The Indweller", which is indeed a good song. So if you like that tune then I definitely think you'll dig what else these guys have to offer.

Is it going to be a full set of original music? Or any covers to fill time?

Just didn't know how much material has been written since the band's formation last year. I wish I could see the live show, especially since I've been really into straight up death metal lately.

We are filling the set out with all originals. We have much of the material for the new album already written, so we were able to pick out some highlights.
I am very thankful to Larry for coming on board and lending his talents to the set(moreover putting up with me during the course of prep and travel.... Damn...). As for a Chicago debut, we were hoping to do one before this festival. Unfortunately, we found scheduling conflicts, so we had to let the lineup and show go for the time being. Maybe that will happen soon...
o_O

We've been cooped up all winter writing the 1st album and it's nearly done. At the same time trying to retain a solid line up of like-minded musicians to fill out the sound. Since we've yet to do that, a call was made to Larry for assistance with the SXSW Showcase. I was hoping for everyone to hear the EP and to get some feedback before the album's writing process was done, but you know how it goes with delays and all. Most have only heard the "Demo" version of The Indweller on our myspace and the feedback has been great. The EP is the first 3 songs we wrote as a band. We were experimenting with different styles, sounds, speeds of songs etc, to help develope our own identity. The songs are all poised to define that identity of Powerful Hook we seek by taking all our favorite influences and integrating them into what we play.
Thanks to ND for the forum time, I know they have a lot of exciting things happening now and we don't want to distract from that.
P.S. Wiley gonna "Geetus" to Texas somehow dab gum it.

I took off work Friday-Monday figuring odds are the show would be on one of those days, but noooooooooo. I'm going to check Monday if I can switch my vacation. If so, I'll be there with my dumb husband. :)

Just helping out my friends, plain and simple :)
I know I was joking. ^_^

But isn't there a worry that the schedules of ND and These are They will have a conflict? I know ND just recorded a new CD, and TAT has new material... surely you guys will be wanting to play live in behalf of both of these projects.... so how will that work out?

Well, ND has never been a band who play out very frequently, and more often than not we know about any gigs or tours well in advance. These Are They will play live, but I don't think they're going to be doing that a whole ton either. Neither of us are going to be doing the whole "Lets pile in the van and tour for the next four months" thing, as 1.) we're all too old for that shit, and 2.) it's not really worth it in the long run anyhow, even if some people in the industry disagree with that notion. I think that method might work for the next band who wants to be the next Shadows Fall and pinnacle with an Ozzfest appearance, but that's certainly not NDs goal, and I suspect that's not really in the cards for T.A.T either.

So I don't think there's too much risk of schedule conflicts regarding shows or tours. Hell we might even have both bands play on the same show now and then! Trying to find the time to schedule all these weekly band rehearsals is probably more of a task, but even that one we're working out pretty well so far.

You know if you guys practiced in a place with seating, you could charge admission and call it a gig. :)

Larry's right on the money. TAT will not distract the plans of ND. TAT is a side band for most of the guys. TAT will plan to only do shows that will be worth it to us. Festivals, local shows, maybe some Europe dates later on, some may well be with ND. After SXSW, the main focus for TAT is to get the album recorded, which will happen in April. Then it's all up in the air as to what will be next. All of us in TAT have had years of jamming experience and most songs come together rather quick. The SXSW set will only be rehearsed about 5 or 6 times. So if any of you guys are in the Texas area, come on out and check out what we're up to.

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal, and you'd probably have a lot of cool biker dudes to play for at the Motorcycle Club all the time. The tougher they are, the better the mosh pit would be...... :D

You boys better be on your best behavior!!!

According to Austin Powell, who writes The Austin Chronicle's "Off The Record" column, rumors have been swirling about METALLICA possilby making an appearance at Stubb's in Austin, Texas on Friday, March 20 during this year's South by Southwest (SXSW) music and media conference and festival. "There is going to be a Guitar Hero event at South by Southwest," affirms SXSW Creative Director Brent Grulke. "Some of METALLICA's band members may make an appearance at the event."