Thin Lizzy @ The Vic in Chicago next Friday 4/1

Make sure you bitches look for me there! I still wanna be part of the Chicago Posse even though I live in Cheeseland! :lol:

I think that's the DT show Jax & I were at, where JLB was visibly upset because the teleprompter stopped working? Like Simon said, the good rock/metal shows are few & far between there. I haven't been there since the DT show way back wheneverthehellthatwas.....

I will kee an eye out for you by the exit when I meet up with Jason.

The Vic is also used a lot for Comedy Tours and "Brew n View" where they show 2 movies back to back for a cheap price and sell beer.

Will do!!! How is the parking situation? I've never been to the Vic.

Yeah, it's pretty crappy, all the nearby sidestreets are resident-permit only, and everywhere else close is usually pretty packed. Sometimes I've parked in Illinois Masonic Hospital's garage a couple blocks away, which was like $8-$10 several years ago. But these days I just park on Diversey for free and then walk half a mile up Sheffield to the theater.

The Vic now advertises a garage right across the street, and when I was there a couple nights ago for Godspeed You! Black Emperor, they had big signs pointing to it and asking $25. Ha, no thanks!

And sorry boys, I won't be joining you for this one!

Neil

Thanks for the info on the Vic. As I said, I have some good memories of it.

J-Dubya, that was the DT tour when they played a regular show one night, then another show the following night where they included Master of Puppets in its entirety. I was front-and-center for the first night but opted to spare my feet for the second night, and sat in the balcony. I don't remember JLB getting upset like that, but I wasn't all that close to the stage, either.

There were DT "fans" booing because they were doing MoP. I mean, seriously....if you didn't want to see them cover an entire album, don't buy a fucking ticket. It's not like it was a secret or anything.

The other tour I saw at the Vic involved 7 drum-kits on the stage at one point (the "train wreck" grand finale). Pretty wild! :)

Will do!!! How is the parking situation? I've never been to the Vic.

parking is terrible around that area. You either will get lucky and get a spot or you will be driving around in circles looking for a meter spot to open up. There are some parking garages but like Neil said...they are very pricey, plus it is a friday night so it will be more packed down there since it is a big bar area.

Plus, I wouldn't want the presence of another audience member to wreck this bizarre playing-at-nowhere-for-nobody misadventure that CIIC has been on. Are people still going to tell me that the band members are based in Tampa?

Sorry ,you lost me a little bit on this one?
Are you speaking about CIIC going on yet another not-so-well promoted tour?

And modernwizardry is one TALL dude!!!!!!!!!

Many interesting drunk dudes at the show too, which made it even more of a party.

I will definitely see TL again. They said they are coming back before the end of the year.

Yeah, their logo sign was awesome

Sorry I missed you guys, We got food/beer before the show, and then we ran out for more beer after. We went to the Beer Stube not far away....I wasn't driving, so I had to stay with the pack, but I was looking for yous when we were walking out... Great fucking show...Didn't care for the Lovehammers much, but I've seen worse...

AND I am a little hungover today :heh:

p.s. We paid the $25, got there later than expected. Traffic on the Kennedy was for shit....

Might not be in the exact right order but I think this was everything they played. 2 encores

Are You Ready
Waiting For An Alibi
Jailbreak
Do Anything You Want To
Don't Believe A Word
Dancing in the Moonlight
Massacre
Angel of Death
Still In Love With You
Whiskey in the Jar
Emerald
Wild One
Sha La La
Drum Solo
Cowboy Song
The Boys Are Back In Town
Encore:
Rosalie
Killer On The Loose
Encore II
Black Rose

I saw you outside crossing the street but didnt get a chance to yell to you. You guys were in a hurry it seemed and I was looking for Jason so we could get some food.

I wish ya would have yelled! : ) I wasn't driving, was buzzed, and had no idea where we were heading afterwards. I was in no hurry, but It's a long walk back to WI if I didn't keep up.