thinking about getting a Jackson

arch_enemy666

I Wanna Rock!
Sep 14, 2003
California
Visit site
I've seen this beast at a local store for about $650 but the price dropped to $300 recently now that i got a job i wanna pick it up its a JS30RR Rhoads
here are the specs:

MODEL NAME Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
MODEL NUMBER 290-0016-(Color#)
SERIES JS Series
COLORS Solid Colors:
(503) Black, (BLK),
(527) Dark Metallic Blue, (DMB),
(528) Dark Metallic Red, (DMR)
BODY Alder
NECK Bolt-On Maple
NECK DIMENSIONS 1st Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .910”
TUNING MACHINES Die-Cast Tuners
FINGERBOARD Rosewood
NO. OF FRETS 24 Jumbo Frets
BRIDGE PICKUP Jackson CVR2 Humbucker
MIDDLE PICKUP N/A
NECK PICKUP Jackson CVR2 Humbucker
CONTROLS Master Volume,
Master Tone,
BRIDGE JT390 Adjustable Bridge with Strings-Through-Body
PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
HARDWARE Chrome
STRINGS NPS, Gauges:
.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
CASE Optional Deluxe Molded Case
PICKGUARD None
SCALE LENGTH 25.5”
WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16”
INTRODUCED 1/2004
UNIQUE FEATURES Compound (12” to 14”) Fingerboard Radius,
Rhoads Body Shape,
MOTO Dot Position Inlays

what do you guys think good buy, take into consideration that right now i have a shitty lotus strat

Dude $300 is pocket money when it comes to guitars, so if you don't want a more expensive one, go pick it up already. :p

Though, the price drop from 650 to 300 makes me a little suspicious.. But what the hell, you'll pick up another guitar next month if that one falls apart :lol:

CadalMord said:
Dude $300 is pocket money when it comes to guitars, so if you don't want a more expensive one, go pick it up already. :p

Though, the price drop from 650 to 300 makes me a little suspicious.. But what the hell, you'll pick up another guitar next month if that one falls apart :lol:

save your allowance and get an rx10d or an rr3.

trust me, from first hand experience the js30rr is a piece of shit. the pickups suck balls, and the guitar overall has a shitty sound. trust me when i say save up your money and go for an rr3 at the least.

new jackson sucks cuz theyre made by fender ad thats l337... get an old used good jackson shit :p

adding, if you know how to get the sound by your hand you can get it from every piece, trust me :)

I think i played one once, and for that price it's an okay guitar, as far as playability and sound goes. I played it on a €3000,- amp, that might make a difference. It's not great, but for that price you have a reasonable starter jackson. Although I would save up for a higher quality.

The JS is the cheapest Jackson RR as far as I know, and its 260 € at a very cheap store in Germany, so the price-lowering means nothing....

Also cheap, but with Duncan Designed® HB-103B Humbucker, is the Jackson RX-Rhoads, 444 € AND with Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo...

Well, its your desicion, if you like the sound of the JS and the playability, go for it...

But the longer you wait and save up, the better your second Guitar will be, and you will keep her longer...the day is gonna come where you say I need a better one, and then you think shit why did I buy this piece of shit.
(Thats what I think about my noname-strat...)

Yeah, the first guitar i had was a Squier strat, and i was alright with it, then i went to guitar center for my birthday and my mom's friend dropped a Schecter c1 Plus from 500 to 400, and we were like holy shit, so we bought it, andi still have it, ive had it for liek 3 years, its falling apart though, it plays very well, and i replaced the pick ups with EMG's and i think it sounds great. Schecter makes a really good guitar, if you want a jackson style guitar, dont get the JS330RR, its the worst, it plays like shit, but if you like it get it, I agree with everyone else, if you want a RR save for a RR3... But I know that Ibanez makes amazing guitars the RG series is amazing, the RG42DX i think its called is such a great guitar, floyd and neck thru, it feels so good, and i get great tones out of it. I wouldnt reccomend getting any RR unless its a RR1 from the old school jacksons, preferably the 80's in USA.

Also, Schecter makes a new diamond series model with a Floyd, i played it at guitar center, its pretty much the same as the C1ELite or the C1 CLassic, but with a floyd, it feels sooo nice, but not as good as the ibanez. Im pretty sure the ibanez runs for like 500-600 you can find them on ebay for cheap, the Shecter without the floyds usually come from 400-600 and with the floyd is like 600. The RR3 I think goes for like 500, i dunno at guitarcenter near me, they have sales pretty much 4 times a week and the price drops so much. SO look around and play some guitars untill you find one that youll know you wont get tired of.

By the way, for a WAY better version of the Js330 here ya go...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33044&item=7335583745&rd=1
Talk to guitar center, theyll lower it down to at least 500, just walk in and be like, "this is what i want, but i only have 600, what can you do for me, ive wanted it for a while, can you hook me up?"

and with the floyd for under 700
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33043&item=7335196865&rd=1

and lower verision of ^that...RR3, Red.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33044&item=7334495513&rd=1

Parn666 said:
Also cheap, but with Duncan Designed® HB-103B Humbucker, is the Jackson RX-Rhoads, 444 € AND with Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo...

Quite off-topic but : Those pickups suck ass, if someone is going to buy that guitar, I strongly recommend changing the pickups.

I mentioned the RX because of the Tremolo...changing pickups at this price-level is usually necessary...

I will continue practising with my strat-copy, and one day I'll get a custom guitar, jackson or esp or something else...

And btw: Does anybody actually LIKE golden hardware? It looks like the Guitar got pimped or something...chrome or black looks way better IMO, is there any other reason why everybody uses gold-harden?

Parn666 said:
And btw: Does anybody actually LIKE golden hardware? It looks like the Guitar got pimped or something...chrome or black looks way better IMO, is there any other reason why everybody uses gold-harden?

i hate it. the finish rubs off and also looks like shit if you don't polish it often. this is from my experience with a 4 string ibanez bass i had a few years back that had gold hw.

Gold hardware really fits certain guitars, like Alexis old Jacksons, his Sawtooth ESP, or Steve Vai JEM for example. I don't really like black hardware, cos' they look kinda plastic, and my next guitar is definitely going to have gold harware.

Yetti said:
he can always have it blocked, and then unblocked if he wants to move on to some tremolo action.

Is that expensive to get your guitar blocked? I have a floyd tremlo and I don't really use that or the whammy and I was thinking of taking off the locks and getting a block put in. I took it to a local guitar repair shop and he said it would cost 65$. Does that sound good cuz' I'm not really sure about this? Thanks!

Noble Viking said:
Is that expensive to get your guitar blocked? I have a floyd tremlo and I don't really use that or the whammy and I was thinking of taking off the locks and getting a block put in. I took it to a local guitar repair shop and he said it would cost 65$. Does that sound good cuz' I'm not really sure about this? Thanks!

depends on the shop, i would assume. call a couple other shops and "shop around".